Team State: Upsets, Notable Matches, etc...

navy80

21 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Can’t say that for sure(other than it’s done now). Had Ross picked up one more point and then Boarman not have lost,EMD wins by 1. You act like they were too far out of it. Kudos to Cathedral though on going out and getting it done. 

Correctly Said

32 minutes ago, md66 said:

Congratulations to Mater Dei on their finish at team state. People seem to forget MD is a 1A school competing in the 3A division. Keep on working CATS.

Cathedral was technically a 2A school this year. These big schools need to get their act together.

13 hours ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

I was standing behind the scoring table for the Bellmont and Garrett match, I couldn't see anything.

With that said, I'm very proud of the defending 1A champs, Adams Central.  Went in unseeded....they lost by a combined total of 7 points in their 3 losses.  For a team that young coming off a strong football season....look out 1A teams next year!

I must correct myself.  Adams Central lost by a combined 6 points in their 3 losses.  I just looked at the score board and didn't realize it came down to a tie breaker on criteria.  An unseeded squad nearly came home 5th (a match or two away from a top 4 too!)  Amazing job by Currie and the kids on our "down year".  Look out!

Congrats to Bellmont.  Even when we in the County think they're down and might have another rough year or two (they have a couple studs not wrestling this year and their upper weights are green horns), they pull out some great team wins.  As they have all season so far.  Garrett put up a good fight this time, impressed by their 106, 113, and 126.

In other (area) news, SA was a disappointment to me.  I thought they would compete a little better with the kids that have come up through their middle school system.  They had 1 win on the day, for 11th.  Jay County looked outclassed in 2A.  1 win on the day for 10th.

What was up with Western and Oak Hill?  I think they were the heavy favorites to be in the finals.  Was not impressed by either team.

I've said it many times to many people.  Bluffton (1A) should have been voted in.  They would have easily been top 4, most likely in the Championship.  Other than that, the people who put on Team State did an amazing job.  Went very fast and smooth.

1 hour ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

I must correct myself.  Adams Central lost by a combined 6 points in their 3 losses.  I just looked at the score board and didn't realize it came down to a tie breaker on criteria.  An unseeded squad nearly came home 5th (a match or two away from a top 4 too!)  Amazing job by Currie and the kids on our "down year".  Look out!

Congrats to Bellmont.  Even when we in the County think they're down and might have another rough year or two (they have a couple studs not wrestling this year and their upper weights are green horns), they pull out some great team wins.  As they have all season so far.  Garrett put up a good fight this time, impressed by their 106, 113, and 126.

In other (area) news, SA was a disappointment to me.  I thought they would compete a little better with the kids that have come up through their middle school system.  They had 1 win on the day, for 11th.  Jay County looked outclassed in 2A.  1 win on the day for 10th.

What was up with Western and Oak Hill?  I think they were the heavy favorites to be in the finals.  Was not impressed by either team.

I've said it many times to many people.  Bluffton (1A) should have been voted in.  They would have easily been top 4, most likely in the Championship.  Other than that, the people who put on Team State did an amazing job.  Went very fast and smooth.

SA had a rough go at the 8 seed, losing to the eventual champs and 5th placers. Losses to Busco and Attica came down to the last matches. I think they really just suffered from bad matchups and didn’t get the odd/evens needed. 

And you’re definitely right about Bluffton, I would love to have seen them vs North Posey. They’re probably the second best team in 1A right now

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Cathedral was technically a 2A school this year. These big schools need to get their act together.

In what world? They’re 3A / 4A in every other sport. Mater Dei is 2A and been 3A in the past. 

Cathedral is 4A school with 6A athletes. 

Edited by navy80

16 minutes ago, navy80 said:

In what world? They’re 3A / 4A in every other sport. Mater Dei is 2A and been 3A in the past. 

Cathedral is 4A school with 6A athletes. 

After removing teams with less than 7 entries at sectional Cathedral was the 95th biggest team in the state based on enrollment. The cutoff was 93 schools.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

After removing teams with less than 7 entries at sectional Cathedral was the 95th biggest team in the state based on enrollment. The cutoff was 93 schools.

Interesting. I really like that method.. Thanks

Are we really going class size with the parochial schools???!!! 🤦‍♂️  EMD gets most good wrestlers within 50 miles. They got a monopoly down there. And I ain’t even mad about it. If you build it they will come. 

Btw... who’s got a scholarship for Brewer Jr??? Mrs Mattyb was curious. 

ooooppsss... delete!!! 

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Are we really going class size with the parochial schools???!!! 🤦‍♂️  EMD gets most good wrestlers within 50 miles. They got a monopoly down there. And I ain’t even mad about it. If you build it they will come. 

ooooppsss... delete!!! 

I know sm good realtors around here and you can use my trojan card to get discounts at every business in town! 

3 hours ago, Mattyb said:

ooooppsss... delete!!! 

Mater Dei is one thing.. But my argument is more of Cathedral... Mosconi was a state placer from Indian Creek who transferred a few years ago. Parsons was a state placer from Yorktown who transferred. Heck, take away Parsons and do they win a state title? I think when Cathedral wins the state tournament, we should think about an asterisk being next to it. Just like LCC in class 1A football. They dominated 1A teams... I mean dominated for years. Who do they think they are? Lebron James? Stacking teams champion, LJ.

My coworker's daughter was a champion...equine girl (or whatever they're called). She was recruited to the Irish from a small school. She got a scholarship. My coworker got an apartment for his wife in Indy so their daughter could get the education and opportunity. I understand. I would do the same for my kid. I love Cathedral football. They play the toughest schedule in Indiana. 

I guess I am against parochial schools who beat up on public schools... I also realize public school teams get high level athletes who switch schools as well. 

I digress. It's like arguing fo class wrestling. It's endless and no one will agree.

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Mater Dei is one thing.. But my argument is more of Cathedral... Mosconi was a state placer from Indian Creek who transferred a few years ago. Parsons was a state placer from Yorktown who transferred. Heck, take away Parsons and do they win a state title? I think when Cathedral wins the state tournament, we should think about an asterisk being next to it. Just like LCC in class 1A football. They dominated 1A teams... I mean dominated for years. Who do they think they are? Lebron James? Stacking teams champion, LJ.

My coworker's daughter was a champion...equine girl (or whatever they're called). She was recruited to the Irish from a small school. She got a scholarship. My coworker got an apartment for his wife in Indy so their daughter could get the education and opportunity. I understand. I would do the same for my kid. I love Cathedral football. They play the toughest schedule in Indiana. 

I guess I am against parochial schools who beat up on public schools... I also realize public school teams get high level athletes who switch schools as well. 

I digress. It's like arguing fo class wrestling. It's endless and no one will agree.

Kids transferring to better programs happens a lot in public schools as well. 

57 minutes ago, M109R said:

Kids transferring to better programs happens a lot in public schools as well. 

Just apart of high school sports now days.. everyone wants the best for their kids and their kids want to be the best, so they do what is necessary for their kids to be the best they can be in a certain type of atmosphere..

This is a subject that will upset or have someone else Butt Hurt. Since 2010 there have been kids moving to better there Future.

The Whole IHSAA system is not perfect. This year I seen Girl move for Volleyball, Basketball & Softball. Watched a the Top Softball

dominate in 3A for 3yrs, when the where beating the 4A schools already. Thing with the IHSAA are broke!

IHSAA just makes money!!  You want things fair , Private school have your OWN Stuff and Public Schools have there's !!!! 

JMO, Thanks JROB   MAGA

8 hours ago, Mattyb said:

ooooppsss... delete!!! 

I can’t believe that you have not mentioned the fact that not one, but TWO #thecounty schools were beaten in the same day...By the same team!

has this ever happened???

#refscheated

#countyhaterbias

#checktherecordbooks

#hashtag

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.