Team State: Upsets, Notable Matches, etc...

navy80

#6 Tyce Freije (Roncalli) vs #7 Kade Law (Columbus East) -- 1st period Tyce the aggressor, Law is protecting like the "Law" should...0-0 end of 1st

Law with an escape and TD, 3-0

Tyce with reversal, 3-2 in the 2nd

Law with escape, Tyce with a TD with 1 second left....4-4 to start the 3rd.....Tyce is down

Tyce with the lead, 5-4.....1:30 left

Law with TD, Tyce with escape...6-6 with 30 seconds left

Tyce with the TD in OT....big win for Mr. Freije....8-6

Edited by Indysportsfan
Update

Just now, 1prouddad said:

Ross with the win 6-4

Nice, tough win for Ross.  Ross beat him 4-3 at the Mater Dei 5-Way also.  Close matches.  Schoeff is tough and do well at State.  Will he go 106 or 113 for the Tournament?

Rioux is tough fending on shots, sometimes holding off what looks like a sure takedown, other times countering for a TD of his own.  He handles Hayhurst pretty easily, 12-0.

Kane Egli and Tyler Conley should be interesting....

Edited by SWINfan

33 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Egli wins 3-2.... did anyone see what the penalty point was?

Looking forward to Reynolds - Baumann II

Reynolds takes this one 2-0

Mater Dei 57 Avon 7

Reynolds and Baumman will have the rubber match at semi state. 

Parkinson gets the major and Dickens gets a tech. Figured these two would have both gotten pins... Will this impact the score later on?

Sollars with a nice 9-0 win over Glover.

MD up 13-0 but BB going to take the lead with several of their studs coming up

1A was so wide open this year. 2 and 3 seeds both fall in the pools. Southern boys N Posey and Southridge headed to the championship match plus Tell City in the 3-4 match in a flipping of the usual FW-dominated script in this class.

11 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Parkinson gets the major and Dickens gets a tech. Figured these two would have both gotten pins... Will this impact the score later on?

Sollars with a nice 9-0 win over Glover.

MD up 13-0 but BB going to take the lead with several of their studs coming up

I had Dickens (facing Asbury) and Sollars with decisions, Parkinson with fall.  They're 1 up on my predictions.  I had Street wining by Major, Jones and Keys by fall.  I figured it would be 15-12 BB after 285...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.