Jump to content

3A team state seed discussion


Recommended Posts

With the team state seeds being released on New Year’s Day live from the double eagle. 
 

My seed prediction 

 

1. Evansville mater dei(MD invite champs) 

2. Indianapolis cathedral(Al Smith champs)

3. Brownsburg(2nd at flavin lost to a Wisconsin team)

4. warren central (north Montgomery champ)

5. Perry meridian(3rd at al Smith) 

6. Carmel(mooresville champ) 

7. ???

8. ???


 

Roncalli (3rd at mater dei)

mishawka 4th at Al smith beat penn in a crazy dual. 

Avon- 2nd at MIT in Ohio 

Penn 6 at al Smith 

columbus East 9th at al Smith 

carroll(Fort wayne) 12th at Al Smith 

 

Some of these squads haven’t been at full strength

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bluemonster said:

I agree but I would put Cathedral 1 and EMD 2. Cathedrals schedule has been brutal and all they do is crush it.

The same could be said about Mater dei. Including teams from Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. What is their closest dual? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately there is No Crown point. The Bulldogs belong there and are one of the best teams in the state 

al Smith results 

 

106 Goin Champ 

113 Frazier 3rd 

120 Bettich 2nd 

126 Roberson Champ

132 mendez Champ 

138 tattini(back up) 8th I think Goodwin is top 4 if he competes 

145 Cruz 2nd 

152 Willems 7th 

160 Hollendonner 4th 

170 taborski 2-2 DNP

182 ayala didn’t wrestle 

195 McElroy 1-2 dnp 

220 woods 1-2 DNP

285 Ruess 1-2 DNP 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mater Dei should be the favorite, pending if Fitts makes the lineup.

 

MD versus Brownsburg. I've got MD winning 6 and BB winning 6 with two even matches. I give MD the advantage with their ability to get extra points. This will be a great dual!

 

106  BB major miller/Egli

113  MD major Ross/Haines

120 MD major Hayhurst/Garcia

126 Freeman versus Montgomery is too close too call! wash

132 MD major Egli/Singh

138 Boarman versus Campbell is too close too call! wash

145 BB dec Bauman/Ciccarelii

152 BB dec Fitts/Cookerly

160 MD dec Dickens/Asbury

170 MD dec Sollars/Glover

182 MD major Parkinson/Zimmerman

195 BB dec McGrew/Street

220 BB major Boots/Jones

285 BB fall Keys/Ralph

 

MD versus Cathedral. I have MD winning 7 matches to Cathedral's 5 with two swing matches. This will be another great dual!

 

106 MD dec Egli/Dickey

113 MD major Ross/Reyes

120 CA major Hayhurst/Seltzer

126 MD dec Freeman/Gonzo

132 MD major Egli/Perez

138 MD dec Boarman/Bailey

145 CA dec Bauman/Stewart

152 MD dec Fitts/Urasky

160 Dickens versus Rodgers is too close too call! wash

170 Sollars versus Wagner is too close to call! wash

182 MD dec Parkinson/Rogers

195 CA dec McGrew/Brady

220 CA dec Boots/Guhl

285 CA fall Parsons/Ralph

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As it is most years, shifting the lineup in a couple spots to take advantage of bonus points will be the key to winning one of these big duals.  It’s got to be dizzying trying to figure these type of shifts out, sometimes on the fly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jpt189 said:

With Fitts dq’d at the Classic, would he be able to wrestle at team state?

If not, then it could be a coach's decision as well.

 

 

8 minutes ago, MattM said:

As it is most years, shifting the lineup in a couple spots to take advantage of bonus points will be the key to winning one of these big duals.  It’s got to be dizzying trying to figure these type of shifts out, sometimes on the fly.  

Mater Dei is solid at so many weights I am not sure where they bump. I could see BB and CA bump to get one of their studs to take someone out. It will be interesting!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeds may be affected by a few teams who blatantly refuse to submit results from duals and other events. If you see a headscratcher I'd look at the team's IndianaMat profile and see what information has been submitted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LionsFan said:

I don’t think this is up to the coach. If a wrestler is DQed then they have to sit the next contest.

That would only apply to the first round, correct?  Surely it wouldn't keep him out of all duals at Team State (not factoring in how his coaches handle things, just the rule)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, navy80 said:

Mater Dei should be the favorite, pending if Fitts makes the lineup.

 

MD versus Brownsburg. I've got MD winning 6 and BB winning 6 with two even matches. I give MD the advantage with their ability to get extra points. This will be a great dual!

 

106  BB major miller/Egli

113  MD major Ross/Haines

120 MD major Hayhurst/Garcia

126 Freeman versus Montgomery is too close too call! wash

132 MD major Egli/Singh

138 Boarman versus Campbell is too close too call! wash

145 BB dec Bauman/Ciccarelii

152 BB dec Fitts/Cookerly

160 MD dec Dickens/Asbury

170 MD dec Sollars/Glover

182 MD major Parkinson/Zimmerman

195 BB dec McGrew/Street

220 BB major Boots/Jones

285 BB fall Keys/Ralph

 

MD versus Cathedral. I have MD winning 7 matches to Cathedral's 5 with two swing matches. This will be another great dual!

 

106 MD dec Egli/Dickey

113 MD major Ross/Reyes

120 CA major Hayhurst/Seltzer

126 MD dec Freeman/Gonzo

132 MD major Egli/Perez

138 MD dec Boarman/Bailey

145 CA dec Bauman/Stewart

152 MD dec Fitts/Urasky

160 Dickens versus Rodgers is too close too call! wash

170 Sollars versus Wagner is too close to call! wash

182 MD dec Parkinson/Rogers

195 CA dec McGrew/Brady

220 CA dec Boots/Guhl

285 CA fall Parsons/Ralph

 

 

Navy, not sure how much it would change things, but Freeman is down to 120 and Hayhurst is at 126.  Could Freeman - Seltzer stay within a decision and not a major?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Seeds may be affected by a few teams who blatantly refuse to submit results from duals and other events. If you see a headscratcher I'd look at the team's IndianaMat profile and see what information has been submitted.

 

i agree with you that it is very frustrating seeing no details from all of these duals.  That said, and I am not sure it helps, but you can at least see the individual records of Mater Dei's wrestlers by looking at the MD Classic on Track.  Would be a pain if you had to go to external sources to find info on every team, I get that.  But at least I thought I'd remind you guys the info is there, knowing you have a ton of other stuff going on at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

 

i agree with you that it is very frustrating seeing no details from all of these duals.  That said, and I am not sure it helps, but you can at least see the individual records of Mater Dei's wrestlers by looking at the MD Classic on Track.  Would be a pain if you had to go to external sources to find info on every team, I get that.  But at least I thought I'd remind you guys the info is there, knowing you have a ton of other stuff going on at the moment.

It's not just one team, it's multiple. It is stated in the documents that are sent to teams to submit your results on IndianaMat. Also records do not mean much as they only tell a little part of what is going on. 

If you were to research and seed 36 teams wouldn't you like to have the coaches at least help a little bit with the information? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Navy, not sure how much it would change things, but Freeman is down to 120 and Hayhurst is at 126.  Could Freeman - Seltzer stay within a decision and not a major?

Thanks, SWIN. That changes things up. Freeman could get some bonus points against BB and I can see him keeping close with Seltzer or getting majored. Hayhurst would win against CA and likely lose against BB's Montgomery. Although the way he wrestled Lowery, we may be surprised!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, navy80 said:

Mater Dei should be the favorite, pending if Fitts makes the lineup.

 

MD versus Brownsburg. I've got MD winning 6 and BB winning 6 with two even matches. I give MD the advantage with their ability to get extra points. This will be a great dual!

 

106  BB major miller/Egli

113  MD major Ross/Haines

120 MD major Hayhurst/Garcia

126 Freeman versus Montgomery is too close too call! wash

132 MD major Egli/Singh

138 Boarman versus Campbell is too close too call! wash

145 BB dec Bauman/Ciccarelii

152 BB dec Fitts/Cookerly

160 MD dec Dickens/Asbury

170 MD dec Sollars/Glover

182 MD major Parkinson/Zimmerman

195 BB dec McGrew/Street

220 BB major Boots/Jones

285 BB fall Keys/Ralph

 

MD versus Cathedral. I have MD winning 7 matches to Cathedral's 5 with two swing matches. This will be another great dual!

 

106 MD dec Egli/Dickey

113 MD major Ross/Reyes

120 CA major Hayhurst/Seltzer

126 MD dec Freeman/Gonzo

132 MD major Egli/Perez

138 MD dec Boarman/Bailey

145 CA dec Bauman/Stewart

152 MD dec Fitts/Urasky

160 Dickens versus Rodgers is too close too call! wash

170 Sollars versus Wagner is too close to call! wash

182 MD dec Parkinson/Rogers

195 CA dec McGrew/Brady

220 CA dec Boots/Guhl

285 CA fall Parsons/Ralph

 

 

After watching him at Al Smith Evan Dickey is really good I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be a major part of cathedral success. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

After watching him at Al Smith Evan Dickey is really good I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be a major part of cathedral success. 


 

Yep. One of a few suggested outcomes above that I believe either would go the other way, or should be considered a tossup for sure.  
 

But hey, you know what they say about opinions. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.