4 Time Spartan Classic Champions

Perseverance

Silas Allred will pursue his 4th consecutive Spartan Classic title this weekend.  Due to my relative infancy regarding following the sport...I’m hoping others on the site can provide me with a possible list of other 4x winners, and/or the most recent.

Thanks in advance for any info or clarity provided.  It will be used by our school, local newspapers, program, and a proud dad’s ego stroking. 😏

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I was literally telling Colts dad that Silas might be the only 4x Spartan classic champion toda.. I've never heard of 1..Brimm would be a great guess if he did wrestle there 4x..

Pleak probably beat him there once though. 

Lance Ellis for sure. 

Dougherty? 

1 hour ago, Jcjcjc said:

Dougherty? 

Wouldn’t be Adam Doherty of Jeffersonville.   I beat him there in a placement match at 103 his freshman - my sophomore year in probably the highest scoring match I ever had. Something around 24-19.  Cathedral’s Scott Weaver won the weight class that year over J. Collis.  Collis had beat Doherty earlier to put him in the consols. 

Edited by MattM

4 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I'd think some Cathedral and Roncalli studs might have been since they were in the tournament for many years. Guys like Corsaro, Rypel, the Kieffers. 

Corsaro lost to Farrel once, Roncalli wasn’t always there, and I know one of em got pinned by Dekalb kid in finals.  Rypel I believe lost his freshman year.  Ellis is the only one I believe is possible, obviously he didn’t lose in HS, so if Cathedral competed each of his years and he made weight, he would be it.  Teams come an go more often at Spartan Classic than realized. 

1 hour ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I’ll check back in at 12 hahah

Finals are tomorrow, I’d guess Monday morning results can be seen.  Unless your there to watch, or know someone who is.  They have no concern for family that would be working and couldn’t attend to get any info thru them.  They want admission sales and their secrets kept lol. 

17 minutes ago, FANMAN said:

Finals are tomorrow, I’d guess Monday morning results can be seen.  Unless your there to watch, or know someone who is.  They have no concern for family that would be working and couldn’t attend to get any info thru them.  They want admission sales and their secrets kept lol. 

10 bucks a head will def get them some income. 

21 minutes ago, FANMAN said:

Last year I went with my buddy and his kids to watch  his kid I coached ,Trizton and before we went he was wanting pay my way in..we get there and I see the price and tell him I got mine.. that 60 spot he dropped ws bad enough lol I get that it's a 2 day tournament but that's steep for large families..I seen a family of 9 walking in and almost started a go find me for them😂😂😂

Just now, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Last year I went with my buddy and his kids to watch  his kid I coached ,Trizton and before we went he was wanting pay my way in..we get there and I see the price and tell him I got mine.. that 60 spot he dropped ws bad enough lol I get that it's a 2 day tournament but that's steep for large families..I seen a family of 9 walking in and almost started a go find me for them😂😂😂

Yup, I’ve seen a few dads walking in with bigger families turn to wife an ask for her purse to dig deeper.  It is what it is, I’d follow along if it was possible.  I’m now in Pa, doing my best to keep notice of In wrestling as best I can.  

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Silas Allred gets it done!  Pins his way through the bracket in route to becoming possibly the only 4X Spartan Classic Champ.  He also secured the Ed Collier Most Outstanding Wrestler Award.  Making him a 2X recipient of that honor as well.

He looked dominate both days, but hats off to Farrell for securing a takedown against him. I’m sure that’s the first this year and quite possible the last!

On 12/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I heard Connorsville raised prices this year to generate some cash to purchase Track Wrestling for next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.