Elementary Wrestling Club

purdue02

Looking for a wrestling club for my nephew but I do not know the area very well.  They live in the Southside of Muncie and he is a 100 pound 2nd grader.  They are willing to drive 30 minutes for a good club that has partners his size/age, a good coach to athlete ratio, and is not overly pricy.  If you could reply with the club, location, the cost, days of practice, and any other important information, that would be great.  Thank you for the info!

CIA holds their practices a Lawrence North High School.  They practice Sunday, Monday’s, and Wednesday’s from 630-800. Cost is $80/mo.   They typically have three coaches in the room.  
I know of people that drive from your area, even farther NE to come.  

You can reach out to Brady Eppert, the owner for more info.  
eppert.ciawrestling@gmail.com

ciawrestling.com

17 hours ago, purdue02 said:

Looking for a wrestling club for my nephew but I do not know the area very well.  They live in the Southside of Muncie and he is a 100 pound 2nd grader.  They are willing to drive 30 minutes for a good club that has partners his size/age, a good coach to athlete ratio, and is not overly pricy.  If you could reply with the club, location, the cost, days of practice, and any other important information, that would be great.  Thank you for the info!

For that area, I would look into Cowan. They have Tony Abbott running the program there, probably the top Coach in the area.

I would note there is a distinction between club/ISWA & academy/ISWA routes. Clubs are good for beginners and those wanting to get their son or daughters feet wet. Most clubs are seasonal, often running between October to May at the latest (assuming they wrestle the ISWA freestyle season). That said, the top high schools may have feeder programs going on year round (more like academies). They are the most cost effective and depending on the coach and club very good. Good clubs will produce very good wrestlers.

Academies run year round 3 to 4 days a week and cost around $80-$100/month. That doesn't mean athletes have to go year round, only that they are available. Some wrestlers take few months off or reduce the number of days they attend during baseball &/or football seasons. Wrestlers in those rooms range from beginner to High State champion. The rooms are focused and serious, but that isn't to say they aren't fun. There are lots of little guys just starting. If you decide that route and given your distance parameters, I would second julia2009's recommendation on CIA. They produce top notch wrestlers at all levels.

At every step from starting through High School you can see the distinction between beginner, elementary club/ISWA, starting at middle school & academy/ISWA before they ever step on the mat.

Edited by gsmith58

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.