Crown Point over Brownsburg

Crown Point wins the Carnahan Tourney   Beating Brownsburg 316-312. CP had a lot of upsets proving how good they are or should be #1. Roberson over Montgomery 5-1, and Hollendonner over Asbury 5-3  were the biggest upsets. Great day to be a dog.. from the region🤣😘. CP all looked very well conditioned

Agree, Crown Point looks good and they certainly out wrestled Brownsburg at 126 and 160.  Junior looked great and totally controlled Montgomery.  Would like to have seen how things would've turned out with both teams being complete, Crown Point at 138 and Brownsburg's absence at 170.  Was really looking forward to that potential 138 finals match, but disappointed when brackets came out yesterday.  That 106 match was awesome, and that 120 match was pretty good too with Diaz.  Was surprised to see how competitive 145 finals was and that 8th seed 182 champ coming through and winning was rewarding, as was that 220 lb freshman champ that I thought I read where his defeat was being anticipated by CP fans during the week.  Overall, congrats to a hard fought win on CPs team tonight, was a back and forth battle that definitely played out differently than both sides expected at many of the wt classes; it kept the fans energized, and the format of the finals under the spotlight in this energized environment made for a great experience for all.

1 hour ago, Clan Campbell said:

Agree, Crown Point looks good and they certainly out wrestled Brownsburg at 126 and 160.  Junior looked great and totally controlled Montgomery.  Would like to have seen how things would've turned out with both teams being complete, Crown Point at 138 and Brownsburg's absence at 170.  Was really looking forward to that potential 138 finals match, but disappointed when brackets came out yesterday.  That 106 match was awesome, and that 120 match was pretty good too with Diaz.  Was surprised to see how competitive 145 finals was and that 8th seed 182 champ coming through and winning was rewarding, as was that 220 lb freshman champ that I thought I read where his defeat was being anticipated by CP fans during the week.  Overall, congrats to a hard fought win on CPs team tonight, was a back and forth battle that definitely played out differently than both sides expected at many of the wt classes; it kept the fans energized, and the format of the finals under the spotlight in this energized environment made for a great experience for all.

Both great teams, rooting for them both the rest of this season

10 hours ago, MattM said:

Need to see the dual!

@Sig40 has already posted this somewhere else but in his expert opinion CP is a great tournament team but lacks the full line-up to also be a great dual team at this moment.   they were great hosts yesterday and the competition and environment were great.

with that said CP will be even better over the next several years and they have certainly done lots of great things up there from coaching staff to deep multi academy training (Bulldog premier & RWA).  kudos to both teams going forward and thanks for being great hosts my region brothers !!!

Congrats on the big win from Crown Point. Excited to see them compete at individual state. As Campbell mentioned Brownsburg forfeited at 170 who is ranked 8th in the state and was the number one seed in the tournament. I am sure those points alone would have put Brownsburg ahead and Crown Point’s backup at 138 also pinned his way through the consolations to get third which helped out a ton with points. Pretty confident this score would not reflect the results from a dual. Once again congrats to Crown Point, but definitely thought I would directly highlight the forfeit. 

13 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan34 said:

Congrats on the big win from Crown Point. Excited to see them compete at individual state. As Campbell mentioned Brownsburg forfeited at 170 who is ranked 8th in the state and was the number one seed in the tournament. I am sure those points alone would have put Brownsburg ahead and Crown Point’s backup at 138 also pinned his way through the consolations to get third which helped out a ton with points. Pretty confident this score would not reflect the results from a dual. Once again congrats to Crown Point, but definitely thought I would directly highlight the forfeit. 

I was waiting for someone to use that as an Excuse like this.... Our 138 was ranked 4 in the state, he would have had much more bonus points in the championship and most likely would’ve pinned the kid that our backup lost to in the semis (Our starting 138 has pinned or tech’s everyone he’s wrestled this year). Also making weight is all part of it, if you can’t make weight.. you don’t wrestle... it’s that simple. Crown Point won and I think if we had our starting 138 and your guy had made weight, CP would have still won..

18 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan34 said:

And once again as @Sig40mentioned... cp is a better tournament team than dual team. Brownsburg May win in a dual, but after watching all the upsets CP pulled over them.. I think it’d be a lot closer than many would think. Cp pushed the pace is every match against Brownsburg and only lost 1 head to head finals match (106)

CP VS BROWNSBURG BASED ON CARNAHAN Results

had it been a dual, almost every matchup took place.

106- Miller (BB) over Goin (CP) 2-0

BB-3 CP-0

113- Frazier (CP) over Haines (BB) 12-2

BB-3 CP-4

120- Bettich(CP) over Garcia (BB) 3:18

BB-3 CP-10

126- Roberson (CP) over Montgomery(BB) 5-1

BB-3 CP-13

132- Mendez (CP) over Singh (BB) 2:18

BB-3 CP-19

138- (Hypothetical) Campbell (BB)Over Tatinni (CP)

BB-9 CP-19

145- Cruz (CP) over Cicciarelli (BB) 9-5

BB-9 CP-22

152- Cookerly (BB) over Willems (CP) 3-2

BB-12 CP-22

160- Hollendonner (CP) over Asbury (BB) 5-3

BB-12 CP-25

170- Taborski (CP) over Forfeit (BB)

BB- 12 CP-31

182- Spiller (BB) over Ayala (CP) 17-6

BB-16 CP-31

195- (Hypothetical) Street (BB) over Mcelroy (CP) 

BB-20 CP-31

220- Jones (BB) over Woods CP) 1:37

BB-26 CP-31

285- Keys (BB) over Ruess (CP)

BB-32 CP-31

10 minutes ago, NW Indiana Wrestling Fan said:

And once again as @Sig40mentioned... cp is a better tournament team than dual team. Brownsburg May win in a dual, but after watching all the upsets CP pulled over them.. I think it’d be a lot closer than many would think. Cp pushed the pace is every match against Brownsburg and only lost 1 head to head finals match (106)

@NW Indiana Wrestling Fan I don't know if "every match" (are you just referring to finals matches?) pushed the pace... There were a few weight classes that weren't close for CP, particularly at the upper weights. Once CP gets some additional move ins/develop existing kids at the top, they will be very tough top to bottom.

Very fun seeing a lot of the families we've traveled over the years with on the youth circuit on Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, NW Indiana Wrestling Fan said:

I was waiting for someone to use that as an Excuse like this.... Our 138 was ranked 4 in the state, he would have had much more bonus points in the championship and most likely would’ve pinned the kid that our backup lost to in the semis (Our starting 138 has pinned or tech’s everyone he’s wrestled this year). Also making weight is all part of it, if you can’t make weight.. you don’t wrestle... it’s that simple. Crown Point won and I think if we had our starting 138 and your guy had made weight, CP would have still won..

Just using numbers --

Crown Point scored 22 points at 138 which is good.   Max point total for the weight was 30 points.  Let's say Crown Point would have garnered the additional 8 points with their starter, which given Drake Campbell was in that weight it was highly unlikely he would have maxed out but for simplicity sake I will add 8 points to their team total..new point total for the team = 326.5

Brownsburg scored ZERO points at 170 where they had the top seed.  The lowest amount they received at any weight class was 16.5 for a 4th place finish.  They had 312.5, which would leave them needing only 14.5 points to take the title.

I have said before it is shame most of Indiana will not see Crown Point as a full unit.  I suspect they will be represented on Friday night with at least 8 wrestlers, probably more, and they are one of the favorites to take home the IHSAA State Title.

As far as the Carnahan Memorial Invitational, Crown Point won the team event.  If Brownsburg would have had their 170 it is safe to say they would have won the event by 8-10 points.

10 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Just using numbers --

Crown Point scored 22 points at 138 which is good.   Max point total for the weight was 30 points.  Let's say Crown Point would have garnered the additional 8 points with their starter, which given Drake Campbell was in that weight it was highly unlikely he would have maxed out but for simplicity sake I will add 8 points to their team total..new point total for the team = 326.5

Brownsburg scored ZERO points at 170 where they had the top seed.  The lowest amount they received at any weight class was 16.5 for a 4th place finish.  They had 312.5, which would leave them needing only 14.5 points to take the title.

I have said before it is shame most of Indiana will not see Crown Point as a full unit.  I suspect they will be represented on Friday night with at least 8 wrestlers, probably more, and they are one of the favorites to take home the IHSAA State Title.

As far as the Carnahan Memorial Invitational, Crown Point won the team event.  If Brownsburg would have had their 170 it is safe to say they would have won the event by 8-10 points.

Needs to make weight. Not sure what the guys problem was. Didnt seem to motivated or something when weigh ins were going in he was still down by me walking around the mats on his phone. BUT! I will say this I see us and brownsburg going for that individual state title this year ;) and not the monster team from Evansville that EVERYONE should be fearing ;)

13 hours ago, NW Indiana Wrestling Fan said:

CP VS BROWNSBURG BASED ON CARNAHAN Results

had it been a dual, almost every matchup took place.

106- Miller (BB) over Goin (CP) 2-0

BB-3 CP-0

113- Frazier (CP) over Haines (BB) 12-2

BB-3 CP-4

120- Bettich(CP) over Garcia (BB) 3:18

BB-3 CP-10

126- Roberson (CP) over Montgomery(BB) 5-1

BB-3 CP-13

132- Mendez (CP) over Singh (BB) 2:18

BB-3 CP-19

138- (Hypothetical) Campbell (BB)Over Tatinni (CP)

BB-9 CP-19

145- Cruz (CP) over Cicciarelli (BB) 9-5

BB-9 CP-22

152- Cookerly (BB) over Willems (CP) 3-2

BB-12 CP-22

160- Hollendonner (CP) over Asbury (BB) 5-3

BB-12 CP-25

170- Taborski (CP) over Forfeit (BB)

BB- 12 CP-31

182- Spiller (BB) over Ayala (CP) 17-6

BB-16 CP-31

195- (Hypothetical) Street (BB) over Mcelroy (CP) 

BB-20 CP-31

220- Jones (BB) over Woods CP) 1:37

BB-26 CP-31

285- Keys (BB) over Ruess (CP)

BB-32 CP-31

Wonder why Glover wasn’t in the mix at 170?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.