Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings

Y2CJ41

34 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Looking good.  I just want to know how can Matt Morris be ranked in the State and not the Semi-State?

Quite simply, you have 2 individuals volunteering a crapload of their ‘free time’ providing us rankings and thankfully they don’t agree 100% of the time.

57 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Looking good.  I just want to know how can Matt Morris be ranked in the State and not the Semi-State?

Alright, I’ve been trying to high road and just not respond to your posts for a couple months, but your opinion of my ranking ability is pretty clear, so I have a request.

How about instead of just making comments like “This guy is gonna prove he should be ranked,” or “I want to know how this guy isn’t ranked in the semi state?” you actually give me information about these kids? Have they lost at all this year? What notable wins do they have?

I do enjoy doing the rankings quite a bit and feel very satisfied when a set is finished. But it’s not easy, man. There is a lot of stuff to go through and a lot of times there isn’t an objective way any weight class will go. You think it’s fun scrolling through trackwrestling’s Indiana page, looking at every Ft. Wayne team and each dual that had been posted, for multiple hours this week alone? 54/56 state qualifiers were ranked last year. Please quit implying that I don’t know what I’m doing.

Edited by Caleb Spires

6 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

You think it’s fun scrolling through trackwrestling’s Indiana page, looking at every Ft. Wayne team and each dual that had been posted, for multiple hours this week alone? 54/56 state qualifiers were ranked last year. 

I have compiled an Excel report the last few years (at least) on the ranked wrestlers that make it to Friday night, it is incredible how accurate they are.  I am one of those 'nerdy' guys that enjoy numbers so much I create reports all the time just for my own learning.  I too peruse the trackwrestling website trying to find results that are not entered, as well as as few twitter feeds. I know it will help me one year at the Pick 'em challenge....this may be my year!

1 hour ago, Caleb Spires said:

Alright, I’ve been trying to high road and just not respond to your posts for a couple months, but your opinion of my ranking ability is pretty clear, so I have a request.

How about instead of just making comments like “This guy is gonna prove he should be ranked,” or “I want to know how this guy isn’t ranked in the semi state?” you actually give me information about these kids? Have they lost at all this year? What notable wins do they have?

I do enjoy doing the rankings quite a bit and feel very satisfied when a set is finished. But it’s not easy, man. There is a lot of stuff to go through and a lot of times there isn’t an objective way any weight class will go. You think it’s fun scrolling through trackwrestling’s Indiana page, looking at every Ft. Wayne team and each dual that had been posted, for multiple hours this week alone? 54/56 state qualifiers were ranked last year. Please quit implying that I don’t know what I’m doing.

I made no implication. I simply inquired why a person ranked in the state is not ranked in the semi-state? I don’t think that implies you don’t know what you are doing.  It’s an inquiry.  Now my only problem with you period is you seem to have a regional bias. And you said Watts could take Early.  That grinds my gears I’ll admit. Now as for your looking at trackwrestling: I do as well as go to the meaningless regular season duals. If you love it love it.  If you want me to just blow hot air up your Keister you are Jimmying down the wrong Panthers Pit. I don’t think I was being overly critical; if I was a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone. Besides who am I? Just some blogger😉.

2 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Quite simply, you have 2 individuals volunteering a crapload of their ‘free time’ providing us rankings and thankfully they don’t agree 100% of the time.

You speak as if I didn’t know this. Caleb’s a big boy and I’m pretty informed.  You get no brownie points for co-signing.  I believe it was a valid question that I directed to Caleb.  

57 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

You speak as if I didn’t know this. Caleb’s a big boy and I’m pretty informed.  You get no brownie points for co-signing.  I believe it was a valid question that I directed to Caleb.  

If your question said, "Hey Caleb, can you tell me....." then I would not have answered.  I thought you were seeking opinions from the many people on this board who understand the process.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, Indysportsfan said:

If your question said, "Hey Caleb, can you tell me....." then I would not have answered.  I thought you were seeking opinions from the many people on this board who understand the process.

@GenHeavyHandz... u may have stepped in it now buddy.... ticking off and getting into a pissing match with @Indysportsfan is a really really bad idea man.   just some free xmas advice ..... good luck sir

10 minutes ago, JMILL said:

@GenHeavyHandz... u may have stepped in it now buddy.... ticking off and getting into a pissing match with @Indysportsfan is a really really bad idea man.   just some free xmas advice ..... good luck sir

JMill you know I respect you.  However I don’t think it’s a p•ssing match.  Appreciate the X-mas advice but I’m Muslim so I don’t celebrate it’s just another day that interrupts the time between Midlands and The Al Smith.  If you know me you would know I could care less about who’s panties get in a bunch win I ask a question.  What is he going to do? Talk on the internet just like me.  As I stated to him I was talking to Caleb.  I’m not sensitive and I’m a big boy. I’ll be aight.

2 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

JMill you know I respect you.  However I don’t think it’s a p•ssing match.  Appreciate the X-mas advice but I’m Muslim so I don’t celebrate it’s just another day that interrupts the time between Midlands and The Al Smith.  If you know me you would know I could care less about who’s panties get in a bunch win I ask a question.  What is he going to do? Talk on the internet just like me.  As I stated to him I was talking to Caleb.  I’m not sensitive and I’m a big boy. I’ll be aight.

@GenHeavyHandz  i get it this time of yr is wrestling for u and not holiday celebration, take care friend and just know i will make sure to eat ur portion of the pork to help keep balance in the force buddy !!!!

4 hours ago, JMILL said:

Mr. Miller I am glad to see your son tearing it up.  Given the schedule Brownsburg has lined up, he will get to test himself every week.

As far as engaging in a discussion with Mr. Heavy, I think I will take a pass.  He asked a question, on an open forum, and I answered it. I could care less if he appreciated my answer, just like I am sure he could care less about my answer.  Que sera sera.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

Was waiting for team state to be over. Was aiming for first thing this morning but didn’t have WiFi last night. But will be done today for sure.

Thanks Caleb Claus

Edited by GenHeavyHandz
Misspelled

20 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

You win Caleb. I’ll never ask about the Semi-State rankings again.  

Hey man, feel free to ask. Feel free to let me know if there is someone being completely overlooked; I want this to be as accurate as possible, and for the kids who crack the rankings for the first time to be ecstatic when they see their name. I just need information on the kids who are being overlooked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.