Penn vs Mish

UncleJimmy

Welp, tonight's the night. I know nobody outside the #NorthLands cares, nor should you..but might this be the night the Cavemen break the streak? I have no idea how long that streak is, but I'm sure Y2 can point me toward somewhere on this site to find out! Will be interesting to see how the Mish lineup shakes out. GO PENN!! 

Edited by UncleJimmy

Mishawaka was apparently down 13-35 with four wrestlers left. All four got pins. 

Edit: Video on @cavemensports’ twitter account shows the final match ended with the Penn kid pinning himself in a very... strange way.

Edited by Caleb Spires

What a great match! Glad I attended....

I'm happy (sorta) for Mish as I know the time/effort/commitment they've put in over the past 4-5 years, but I'm proud of Penn for the way they battled and the juggling the staff did to put them in position to win. Technique wise it wasn't the greatest match, but effort and enthusiasm was fantastic! I'd compare it to a ticket round level of intensity...just a great night..except for the ending. 

Great to see the administrative support from both schools as well..from Superintendent thru elementary clubs. 

Congrats all the way around! 

1 hour ago, Paycheck141 said:

I'm surprised  the Penn kid didn't realize he put himself in that position 

In his head he probably thought he was back bridging off his shoulders and wasn't.. I've never seen that position in a match but that is a bad break.. Fattore was worse and still can't believe that happened couple years ago. 

On 12/18/2019 at 10:48 AM, crosstownrivals said:

Don't know for sure, I never heard back from Mike Reiser. I also don't know if Mishawaka will bring their video equipment to televise.  

I am sorry man. The message I sent I went back and it never sent. I was waiting to see what Region had for me. I wish I would have been able to do it. It looks like it was the dual of the year 

I'm shocked how many people are tweeting things about the referee's "mistake," suggesting you can't be in control and lose by pin. Control is needed for near fall, not a pin. It's a clear rule that is too often misunderstood by experienced coaches and wrestlers. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.