Team Rankings: 12/15 IndianaMat Team Rankings-3A

decbell1

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

If Avon, EMD 1, CHS 2, BB or Warren 3, CP? 

I think Warren beats Brownsburg and CP. 

Respectively no. Cp tremendously out ranks Warren in most of the weight classes and so does brownsburg. I mean Cp beat a nationally ranked team.

8 hours ago, CpDinger said:

Respectively no. Cp tremendously out ranks Warren in most of the weight classes and so does brownsburg. I mean Cp beat a nationally ranked team.

Since Cathedral won't see Crown Point this season in a dual, I will stir it up. I don't see Crown Point winning a match after 132 Mendez in a dual (similar to the Chesterton dual). I also don't see many quality points below 132 outside of Frazier at 113. And, Bettich vs. Seltzer is a toss-up. I'd even put Bettich as slight underdog. I would say Cruz vs Stewart (145) and Williams vs Urasky (152) might be toss-ups, so I gave you one of those two matches for good faith. I'm thinking 34-23 Irish. 

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Since Cathedral won't see Crown Point this season in a dual, I will stir it up. I don't see Crown Point winning a match after 132 Mendez in a dual (similar to the Chesterton dual). I also don't see many quality points below 132 outside of Frazier at 113. And, Bettich vs. Seltzer is a toss-up. I'd even put Bettich as slight underdog. I would say Cruz vs Stewart (145) and Williams vs Urasky (152) might be toss-ups, so I gave you one of those two matches for good faith. I'm thinking 34-23 Irish. 

Crown Point actually was winning 2 matches after 132 but some our kids got caught in that dual... 152, 285. We also won at 160. You can think what you want right now. But the dogs, In my opinion, are unstoppable right now. Also a much better tournament team than dual team.

35 minutes ago, NW Indiana Wrestling Fan said:

Crown Point actually was winning 2 matches after 132 but some our kids got caught in that dual... 152, 285. We also won at 160. You can think what you want right now. But the dogs, In my opinion, are unstoppable right now. Also a much better tournament team than dual team.

Totally agree with you on tourney team. I would say they are the favorite going into the Al Smith. I think the easiest way to compare a dual is the victory over Chesterton (39-34). In that match, Crown Point had pins at 120, 138, and 160. In a Cathedral dual, I think CP could lose all 3 of those matches. That is a 27 point swing in those matches alone. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy1

30 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Totally agree with you on tourney team. I would say they are the favorite going into the Al Smith. I think the easiest way to compare a dual is the victory over Chesterton (39-34). In that match, Crown Point had pins at 120, 138, and 160. In a Cathedral dual, I think CP could lose all 3 of those matches. That is a 27 point swing in those matches alone. 

Very valid point

31 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I do disagree on the “Warren beating Cp” though.

Eh we will see scoring at the Carnahan this weekend with brownsburg and then following weekend at the Al Smith. Should be two great back to back weekends!! State tournament is ALSO  a individual tournament. We have some DEEP runners there for that. Going to be a good year. 3 years from now we will be even better with our 6th grade coming up. 

How the rankings should be presented as

1. MD- very consistent team that is solid top to bottom with talent
  2. CP- excellent wrestlers, especially in the lower weights. Not sure how their upper weights compete but their lower weights make up for what they don't have up top. 
  3. Brownsburg- solid up and down but the two teams I mentioned above have more talent in their lineup. For this reason they're ranked below MD. I feel like head to head against CP, CP would squeak by with a narrow victory thanks to the lower weights.
  4. Cathedral- sprinkled with talent but overall solid

Brownsburg vs CP (rankings)

106: #3 vs #1

113: #12 vs #10

120: #16 vs #2

126: #3 vs #11

132: unranked vs #1

138: #3 vs #4

145: unranked vs #11

152: #11 vs unranked

160: #5 vs #9

170: #8 vs unranked 

182: unranked vs unranked

195: #9 vs unranked

220: #10 vs unranked

285: #1 vs unranked

I have Brownsburg winning 8 matches, losing 5 and I am unsure about 182.

16 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Brownsburg vs CP (rankings)

106: #3 vs #1

113: #12 vs #10

120: #16 vs #2

126: #3 vs #11

132: unranked vs #1

138: #3 vs #4

145: unranked vs #11

152: #11 vs unranked

160: #5 vs #9

170: #8 vs unranked 

182: unranked vs unranked

195: #9 vs unranked

220: #10 vs unranked

285: #1 vs unranked

I have Brownsburg winning 8 matches, losing 5 and I am unsure about 182.

Our 220 took carmel 220 into overtime and beat the Portage 220 who is now ranked. Hes learning how to wrestle ;) would be fun. Favorite match would be 138. We will see that this weekend.

1 minute ago, Cosgrove said:

Our 220 took carmel 220 into overtime and beat the Portage 220 who is now ranked. Hes learning how to wrestle ;) would be fun. Favorite match would be 138. We will see that this weekend.

Campbell has looked extremely impressive the times I have watched him (Ohio & Avon) - it is unfortunate most of us will not get a chance to see the CP wrestlers until Friday night of State.  Just looking at results I know they have an incredible lineup, especially at the bottom.  With that said I believe there are several teams that match up with them between 106-152.

16 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

27 or more 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:02 AM, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I ran some numbers for Crown Point in a dual setting vs Cathedral, Brownsburg, EMD, and Warren.

Crown Point vs Cathedral  30-35 (1 match our way 33-32)

Crown Point vs Brownsburg 30-34

Crown Point vs EMD 24-28 (1 match our way 27-25)

Crown Point vs Warren 39-27

These numbers do not reflect why we are not at team state. I hear we may be moving our schedule around to make room for team state next year, just wasn't able to make it happen this year.  If we were in it this year it probably would not go too well.

I do believe that Crown Point can win state in a tournament setting.  

Edited by Sig40

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.