MD vs Memorial

MSG C

Mater Dei Line Up with Grades. (This is how I remember it) 

120 Herman - ??

126 Freeman - Jr

132 Egli- Sr

138 Boarman - Jr

145 Bauman - So

152 Frits - Jr

160 Dickens - Sr

170 Sollars - So

182 Parkinson - Sr

195 McGrew - Sr

220 Boots - So

HWY Ralph - So

106 Egli - ??

113 Ros - Jr

2 hours ago, MSG C said:

Mater Dei Line Up with Grades. (This is how I remember it) 

120 Herman - ?? - Matt Herman - lost 9-0 to Keegan Williams

126 Freeman - Jr - Alec Freeman - WBF over Eli Weurth

132 Egli- Sr - Kane Egli - WBF (did not get MHS name)

138 Boarman - Jr - Blake Boarman - WBF over Max Antey (no idea on spelling)

145 Bauman - So - Brody Baumann - WBF (did not get MHS name)

152 Frits - Jr - Scott Fitts - TF 16-1 (did not get MHS name)

160 Dickens - Sr - WBF over Aiden Farmer (SS Qualifier last year)

170 Sollars - So - WBF over Andrew Page

182 Parkinson - Sr - WBF over Jack Mattingly

195 McGrew - Sr - John McGrew won by FF

220 Boots - So - Nick Boots WBF over ?? Farmer

HWY Ralph - So - James Ralph WBF over Parker McWilliams

106 Egli - ?? - Reed Egli WBF over Kyler West (SS Qualifier last year)

113 Ros - Jr - Cole Ross won by FF

See above in red...

Note: The Reed Egli - Kyler West match was a strange one.  The referee did just fine all night with I believe only once a coach questioned him, until that final match.  The scoring seemed to make no sense and no one could figure out where the points were coming from.  Initially it appeared West had the first TD awarded, but Egli had a whizzer and there never seemed to be control.  Egli broke away and 1 point was awarded.  We looked at the board and saw 2-1, but then noticed it was 2-1 MD.  A few exchanges and a roll through and somehow 2 back points were awarded but it didn't seem like there was control from either wrestler.  I believe the score was 5-4 Egli when he got a cradle locked up and turned West.  The fall was very quick and it appeared West's left shoulder was on top of Egli's left.  There wasn't a ton of arguing after, but seemed to be a lot of head scratching, from both sides.  Maybe someone on the other side of the gym saw it differently, but it just seemed weird. 

12 hours ago, SWINfan said:

See above in red...

Note: The Reed Egli - Kyler West match was a strange one.  The referee did just fine all night with I believe only once a coach questioned him, until that final match.  The scoring seemed to make no sense and no one could figure out where the points were coming from.  Initially it appeared West had the first TD awarded, but Egli had a whizzer and there never seemed to be control.  Egli broke away and 1 point was awarded.  We looked at the board and saw 2-1, but then noticed it was 2-1 MD.  A few exchanges and a roll through and somehow 2 back points were awarded but it didn't seem like there was control from either wrestler.  I believe the score was 5-4 Egli when he got a cradle locked up and turned West.  The fall was very quick and it appeared West's left shoulder was on top of Egli's left.  There wasn't a ton of arguing after, but seemed to be a lot of head scratching, from both sides.  Maybe someone on the other side of the gym saw it differently, but it just seemed weird. 

@MDFAN I guess Egli caught West. If this would of gone the whole match surely West would of won. That is how it goes correct? 

3 hours ago, laserbeam26 said:

@MDFAN I guess Egli caught West. If this would of gone the whole match surely West would of won. That is how it goes correct? 

Are you referring back to the other thread?  Because my post, which you quoted inferred nothing of the sort.

21 hours ago, SWINfan said:

See above in red...

I agree, the scoring was difficult to follow.  The coaches were not sure of what they were arguing over...just that the score was wrong!

whether or not it was a pin is a different matter.  Definitely a head scratcher.

Egli and west are go getters and a lot of fun to watch.  Their match—by a wide margin—was the highlight of the evening.

21 hours ago, SWINfan said:

See above in red...

Personally I don’t think the fall was a quick one. From my view it was a solid pin. While I do agree with what you stated about the scoring debacle, it was a fun match for the first 1.5 periods prior to the fall. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.