Early dark horse

Wrestlingfanatic

I will start this topic. I am sure there a lot of young men deserving. Which wrestler and Program puts in the most work and research

for the kids. I have seen this wrestler for many years now, He is a big , agile and strong man with Heart. He is currently Ranked #7

at 220 but IMO , Micah Dodson is the Top 220lber and will make a Statement this year. Good Luck to all, BT19

MattyB , that is an excellent choice. If the 160 Class in the EVSS moves around IMO Sego can win 160 at the BHSS Regional

and have a Potentially better path than 170.  Purdy-Castle going 152? Buchanan-C.G.182 open for him at MVSS. Thoughts

120- Ethan Higgins from wabash

132- Brody Arthur he’s a move in to oak hill and has numerous wins over ranked guys.

138- Luke Goodwin from Southport 

152- Aidan Hardcastle from oak hill

152- Kade Law from Columbus east

160- Tyler Fuqua from Franklin 

285- Logan swallow from Monroe Central. He wrestled for me at Disney and the kids a beast.

Not saying these kids will be wrestling under the lights but can see them all making a deep run come February.

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

So you consider the 4th ranked kid an underdog or dark horse? 

I agree on your point. But to play devils advocate, if you are saying darkhorse to win the title it would depend on who the #1 was.  Maybe not a rock solid example for his pick, but at some weight in some years I’d call the #2 guy a dark horse.  

Jace Alexander from Wawasee Could be out to shock people this year Qualified at 106 freshman year and placed 6th at 120 sophomore year goes into the state series with 10+ more losses but does very well through the series 

Edited by Geremia.brooks

I’m picking two homers but I’m going with Dancy, guy can move and scramble at heavyweight wouldn’t be surprised if he is under the lights. And that little guy Ty, I think he makes a deep run at state. Also my cousin Hayden Lewter is a solid 220 at Gavit could make a statement as only a sophomore in an upper weight. I said I was going homer picks lol

23 hours ago, Mattyb said:

So you consider the 4th ranked kid an underdog or dark horse? 

Another STRONG post by this dude!!! Smh 🤦‍♂️ 

A darkhorse is someone who chokes previous years and then finally get the job done once.

You have first hand experience with that

11 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

A darkhorse is someone who chokes previous years and then finally get the job done once.

Lol... I personally do not. That would be another person that lives with me when he comes home from school. 

You would have to ask him about that. But you probably never would because more than likely you would get hurt. Smh.. 🤦‍♂️ 

But my son was never a dark horse. Cole isn’t either. IMO

D1 wrestlers eat trolls! 
#KeepTrying

Edited by Mattyb

2 hours ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Being Ranked top 3 multiple years negates you being a dark horse..Carson is a great young man and a stud wrestler.. Then Again you're right what a scrub of a state champion that just took a OSU Midlands 5th placer to ot.. must've only been the PB&J!

23 hours ago, PhillyFanMD said:

I mean at least he got the job done and got a scholarship to a great D1 school. A lot of other kids I’m sure would’ve loved to have been in Carson’s shoes during high school.

Totally off topic, how many times did you win a state title?

Edited by RaiderColfax

On 12/12/2019 at 1:57 PM, PhillyFanMD said:

Asinine takes aside, that isn't the definition of a dark horse, but way to represent yourself terribly.

27 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

I mean at least he got the job done and got a scholarship to a great D1 school. A lot of other kids I’m sure would’ve loved to have been in Carson’s shoes during high school.

Totally off topic, how many times did you win a state title?

I think we figured out who this guy was last year, and if I’m correct he only choked and never got the job done. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.