Castle Invite

IndianaGrappler

I was surprised to see that Union County was not at the meet. Don't know if anybody has any information on what happened there. They have been at this meet for as long as I can remember. Also, Gibson Southern was not there as well this year, so the layout of the meet was a little different, but everybody still got there 5 matches. Big takeaways from the meet:

-Boonville wins the meet and takes out Castle. I have to say that Boonville fans are very enthusiastic and supportive. They come in packs and cheer all day. Boonville has some solid kids again this year. Fulks is an impressive wrestler! I like his style and he stays moving the whole match. Mayes and Heuring looked solid all day. Whitsell at 132 also looked liked he improved from last year. 

- Central was runner up. They look to have a really young team. Kemper was solid all day. And the young Kemper at 152 looked good.

- Castle was 3rd. Sutton (a Boonville transfer) looked good. Freshman Purdy looked solid and Senior Deters was impressive as always. We'll see if he can make another run this year and improve on his 6th place finish at state from last year. 

- Heritage Hills was 4th. HH just came off a State run for there football program, so a lot of there boys only had got into the room this week. Not a lot their Coach could do about that, but I would expect them to be getting better as the year goes on. Scott was impressive! You've just got to like that kid. He's an in your face wrestler. Rogers and Heeke also looked good. 

Other notable competitors at the meet were 182 Moore and 220 Stewart from South Spencer. These are two solid wrestlers, but don't have the numbers on the team to allow them to compete as a team for championships. Nevertheless, they are solid competitors. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.