Youth Leagues and friendships for new club

AJ

We are trying to get our Youth Program rolling in Muncie.  Last year we had about 50 kids in the program.  This year I am looking to get then to compete in some matches.  I was wanting to start off with something a little cheaper than ISWA tournaments for my really new and young ones.  Looking for leagues or any club near Muncie that has friendship meets.

I also plan on sending some of the kids in the program to some local ISWA tournaments as well

I am just trying to grow the sport and looking for some help and advice.

Feel free to respond or email me at alan.bradley@muncieshools.org

AJ Bradley

I would start off by trying to organize an inter squad meet with your own guys. Try to make it as similar to a high school dual meet if possible. Get a mat out into a gym, have all the families come to watch and get them acclimated to what a match would be like. If they handle that well, then moving on to more friendship type meets with other Muncie area clubs.

We set them up to where a club will come and just have live wrestling for an hour and let them get as many matches, without the full formal tournament pressure and get mat time against other wrestlers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 11:57 AM, DUBDEA64 said:

Go to Adams Central Wrestling ,Go to club then to rival matches ,there you will find out where they wrestle on Friday nights ,Great for beginners,wrestle as many matches you want pre-k to 5 .

We are doing it this year and like it. Helps I went to AC so I know most everyone. My step son attends Crestview (Convoy) OH and is learning a lot. Did his first Rivals night at South Adams on the 6th where he learned what he needs to work on for his practices at AC and Crestview. It's no pressure live wrestling where kids can have fun and learn. Definitely beats the double elimination tournaments starting out where you wait long periods between matches and have to see the luck of the draw based on who has more experience.

Rival Nights are a blast.  My grandsons are now in Middle School so they're too old...but we never missed a single one over the last 4 years.  Some great area schools come out to participate as well.  Zero pressure, parents can help pair up kids by size/age/grade.  It used to be only $1 per spectator as well.  Tons of mats with matches turning around fast.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should get on this board more often but the Northeast side of Indy from as far southwest as Fishers to East inShenandoah and New Castle and as far north as Frankton and Alexandria, has a little league we call the Pioneer wrestling league. A lot of the meets would be perfect for your location in Muncie. Shoot me an email at nbrobst@hse.k12.in.us and I can send you the dates and locations for the rest of this season. It is typically $3 for each adult that attends with wrestlers being free. Prices may vary slightly at each location. Good luck

On 12/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, Coach Brobst said:

I guess I should get on this board more often but the Northeast side of Indy from as far southwest as Fishers to East inShenandoah and New Castle and as far north as Frankton and Alexandria, has a little league we call the Pioneer wrestling league. A lot of the meets would be perfect for your location in Muncie. Shoot me an email at nbrobst@hse.k12.in.us and I can send you the dates and locations for the rest of this season. It is typically $3 for each adult that attends with wrestlers being free. Prices may vary slightly at each location. Good luck

I sent you an email....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.