Harrison (OH) Duals

Indysportsfan

2 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

I went to Team Schedules and didn't find that information....typically I am better.

I got this information from Yappi:  https://www.borofanohio.net/harrison-duals

You can also find the schedules on a team's page. I'll give you a pass since the schedules are new.

Hope to see some good possible match ups.  Mason looks to be better this year than past couple years; add in a handful of talent in Fairfield, Harrison, and Ashland and should get some decent matchups with OH vs IN guys.  Yappi wrestling has a good summary of OH/IN ranked wrestlers.  Hopefully the Ohio teams wrestle their kids straight up and not hold back their ranked kids versus ours, recall match ups not happening in last couple years with the exception of Mason.

Pulled the below off Ohio forum:

106 - Indiana -#2 Logan Miller (Brownsburg) // #12 Bryce Lowery (Roncalli)**Ohio-#1 Najdusak (Mason)
113 - Indiana - #8 Kody Glithero (Roncalli) // #14 Braden Haines (Brownsburg)
120 - Ohio-#6 Ditullio(Mason) // #9 George(Ashland) // #13 Newark (Fairfield)
126 - Indiana - #2 Brayden Lowery (Roncalli) // #3 Kysen Montgomery (Brownsburg)**Alabama -#1 Reaves (HT)
132 - Indiana - #10 Sam Slivka (Roncalli)**Alabama #1 Reaves (HT)**Ohio - #13 Cook (Ashland) // #18 Ditullio (Mason)
138 - Indiana - #3 Drake Campbell (Brownsburg)
145 - Indiana - #1 Alec Viduya (Roncalli) // #15 Griffin Ison (Brownsburg)**Ohio - #5 Marsh (Lebanon) // #12 Jones (Ashland)
152 - Indiana - #3 Bryer Hall (East Central) // #6 Tyce Freijie (Roncalli) // #13 Jacob Cookerly (Brownsburg)
160 - Indiana - #5 Peyton Asbury (Brownsburg)**Alabama #3 Boren (HT)**Ohio #2 McIntosh (Harrison)
170 - Indiana - #11 Greg Clover (Brownsburg)**Ohio #13 Marsh (Lebanon)
182 - Ohio - #8 Amburgy (Mason)
195 - Indiana - #7 Kyle Krummen (East Central) // #10 Isaiah Street (Brownsburg) // #14 Gavin Keesee (Franklin Central)**Ohio #10 Hackett (Leb)
220 - Indiana - #13 Leighton Jones (Brownsburg) // #11 Deshawn Young (Franklin Central)**Ohio #12 Quantz (Leb) // #18 Smith (FF)
285 - Indiana - #1 Dorian Keys (Brownsburg) // #6 Antone Alexander**Ohio #6 Bever (Ashland)

Brownsburg Results; team followed by ranked wins:

BBurg 65 Mason 3;  Miller defeats #1 Najdusak (IMO biggest win of tournament)

BBurg 55 Ashland 12;  Garcia defeats #9 George, Campbell defeats #13 Cook, Keys defeats #6 Bever

Bburg 60 Harrison 8

BBurg 65 Lebanon 6;  Campbell defeats #5 Marsh, Asbury defeats #13 Marsh

Bburg 59 Fairfield 12; Keys defeats #18 Smith

From Yappi:

Wrestlers that went undefeated on the day
106 Miller (Brownsburg), Lowery (Roncalli)
113 Haines (Brownsburg), Wolf (East Central), Glithero (Roncalli)
120 Newkirk (Fairfield)
126 Bainbridge (Brownsburg), Searcy (EC), Lowery (Roncalli)
132 Reaves (Hewitt), Slivka and Willis (Roncalli)
138 Campbell (Brownsburg)
145 Cicciarelli (Brownsburg), Wolf (EC), Viduya (Roncalli)
152 Hall (EC), Freije (Roncalli)
160 Asbury (Brownsburg)
170/182 McIntosh (Harrison)
182 Beverley (Ashland), 182 Grogg (Lebanon)
195 Reardon (Harrison), 195 Amburgy (Mason)
220 Jones (Brownsburg), Young (Franklin Central)
285 Keys (Brownsburg), Alexander (FC)

Did Montgomery lose? If so, who beat him?

2 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Are any of the Ohio teams considered powerhouses? And are any ranked in their state ?

Earlier post listed all ranked kids.  I don’t think anyone of them are powerhouses, not at least with the lineups they had on Saturday.  Solid wrestlers though and the Indiana kids had to earn their wins; no question the 3 best teams belonged to Brownsburg, East Central, and Roncalli.

I agree Brownsburg looked dominant,I was impressed with Roncalli’s line up and East Central came to wrestle considering they were missing their 170 & 195! No these teams aren’t so much powerhouse teams in the state of Ohio though Fairfield and Mason have had runs in the past in the Cincy area all 4 of those D1 schools are solid programs having to get past Lasalle, Elder and other catholic teams to move on in the team dual state tournament but always have some state placers every year individually.

One of the Roncalli dads mentioned to me that East Central would probably go undefeated on Saturday; I will admit I didn't know much about them outside of the wrestlers that have participated at the NCSS.  Also they had plenty of excitement from the wrestlers when one of their teammates were wrestling; it was fun to see them act as teammates and not individuals.

Brownsburg just kept putting wrestlers on the mat that were impressive.  I have followed them intensely the last 4 years so I know what type of talent they have lost to graduation, but the current team is as formidable as any team in the Midwest.  They have a very daunting schedule, so they will have plenty of opportunities to flex their muscles/abilities.

Roncalli potentially could have 7 State qualifiers between 106 - 152, and if they can continue to develop their upper weights come the EMD Holiday Classic / Team State they could make life difficult for any team.  On Saturday they didn't lose  at 106, 113, 126, 132, 145, and 152 -- I expect that to be the norm for the majority of their matches.

Good day for Indiana High School wrestling!!

What I really like about this tournament is that by the end of the day we get 5 duals against Ohio teams.  Personally, I really enjoy getting out of Indiana some during the season.  At Mishawaka, we used to dual a couple Michigan powerhouses - Lakeshore and Lowell.  At Brownsburg, we are better off financially and can travel more.  Ohio last weekend, Michigan this weekend, and Illinois over break. 

As far as Harrison, OH tournament, most Ohio teams were down this year.  Chad Dennis the Harrison Head Coach told me that himself about his own team.  Regardless of dual scores and there not being an Ohio Powerhouse Team there this year, we always run into stud individuals.  One year we went to this tournament and easily won every dual, but Ty Mills and Nathan Walton both lost.  Last year we won every dual relatively easy, but State Qualifier Thierry Jean-Baptiste went. 2-3.  State ranked Evan Lawhead went 2-3.  2X State Placer Kysen Montgomery lost.

This year we won every dual in a lopsided fashion, but almost all of our guys got pushed.

Logan Miller won in OT against big division #1 ranked Ohio kid.

Drake Campbell grinded out a 3-0 win against a highly ranked Ohio kid.

Peyton Asbury a 3-2 win against the stud brother of the kid Drake wrestled.

Dorian Keys a 3-2 win in a bloody, physical match.

State ranked Isaiah Street and Greg Glover took loses against absolute freaks.

Whenever anyone asks, I always say this is a good and weird tournament.  We should have success as a team, but some of our studs are gonna get pushed and some of them are going to lose.

We will be back next year for sure.

Snyder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.