MD 5-Way

ExCoach123

5 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

If Seng is the MD 106, it will be a close match, but Zirkelbach has beaten him (Freestyle at least) in the past year.

Evan Seng and Blake Zirkelbach have certainly wrestled many many many times in practice and at tourneys over past several years I am sure (results likely split).  Both know each other very well and both could beat each other at any given time.   Both kids are nice respectful kids and will likely put their best out there for their teams and that really is all you can ask these days.   Good luck to both kids this season.

I don't think anyone could say Egli would have won for sure. He was winning at the time of the fall, but if I remember it was 2-0 and didn't look like anyone was in control of the match. Should be a good battle between these two when they meet again. I wouldn't expect a fall next time from either of them. 

17 hours ago, WrestleMan said:

I don't think anyone could say Egli would have won for sure. He was winning at the time of the fall, but if I remember it was 2-0 and ...

I wasn’t there, but IF it was 2-0 when Zirkelbach slipped out of the cradle and IF Zirkelbach was awarded a reversal at that point, wouldn’t the score have been 2-2 at the time of the fall?  And IF Zirkelbach had not pinned him but was awarded a near fall instead, wouldn’t he have been up 5-2 at that point? Again, I don’t know because I wasn’t there to know about the IFs.  Just asking.

8 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

I wasn’t there, but IF it was 2-0 when Zirkelbach slipped out of the cradle and IF Zirkelbach was awarded a reversal at that point, wouldn’t the score have been 2-2 at the time of the fall?  And IF Zirkelbach had not pinned him but was awarded a near fall instead, wouldn’t he have been up 5-2 at that point? Again, I don’t know because I wasn’t there to know about the IFs.  Just asking.

Yes, you are correct. The score was 2-0 when Egli initiated the cradle. Obviously anything that happened from there would've affected the score. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.