Toughest tournaments

Fjrignt8k

Other than the state series itself, the Al Smith Tournament has been touted for years as the toughest in-state individual tournament.  

Team State would be the toughest in-state dual tournament.  

Traicoff is usually considered the toughest in-state multi-dual.  

A few IN teams also attend some very tough individual tournaments and duals across the boarder in neighboring states.  

Edited by MattM

13 hours ago, MattM said:

Other than the state series itself the Al Smith Tournament has been widely touted for years as the toughest in-state individual tournament.  

Team State would be the toughest in-state dual tournament.  

Traicoff is usually considered the toughest in-state multi-dual.  

A few IN teams also attend some very tough individual tournaments and duals across the boarder in neighboring states.  

Portage, Avon and Brownsburg have went to the Brecksville Holiday tourney the last couple years. I personally think that it is harder to win then our state title. 

On a national scale its right behind the best tourneys like Ironman, Beast of the East and Cheese Head. 

It is on a Sunday this year, so no Indiana teams this year. 

Avon will be going to Medina this year. I asked a couple Ohio kids last night about that one. They said it’s not quite as tough as Brecksville, but pretty darn tough still. 

Edited by Mattyb

10 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Portage, Avon and Brownsburg have went to the Brecksville Holiday tourney the last couple years. I personally think that it is harder to win then our state title. 

On a national scale its right behind the best tourneys like Ironman, Beast of the East and Cheese Head. 

It is on a Sunday this year, so no Indiana teams this year. 

Avon at Medina Holiday Tournament this year in Ohio . What some say is the 2nd toughest Holiday tournament in Ohio ?  

2 minutes ago, Paycheck141 said:

Harrison(Lafayette) Goshen Colombia City

South Bend Riley Fairhaven Twin Lakes 

Laporte Hammond Gavit 

Daleville was supposed to be here but they didn’t show up I guess 

That’s cool and all... but... is that in the conversation for the toughest tourneys? With that said... I saw you at Disney... I like what your doing! Keep it up!!!!

On 11/29/2019 at 8:32 PM, Mattyb said:

That’s cool and all... but... is that in the conversation for the toughest tourneys? With that said... I saw you at Disney... I like what your doing! Keep it up!!!!

The question asked what the toughest tournament for your team was, so that may be the toughest for that team. But you are right it's not in the same conversation with Al Smith, etc. But still a good little opener.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, Fjrignt8k said:

Anyone new to Spartan Classic this year?

Those two days can be a blur. So it's hard to remember who comes and goes each year. But it looks like Pike and Harrison (WL)  are new this year. 

Edited by gogoplata89

Looking at the list since we last competed at Connersville two years ago it looks like there has been 12 new teams. I'm not sure what's the difference between last year to this year but I came up with 12 since 2017. About have looks like returning teams from the past though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.