Chad Red article

2 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

That's a nice story. Thanks for posting. I think everyone will be glad to hear he has reignited his passion. 

He looked good yesterday against UNI. The guy he was wrestling was no slouch and it could have easily been a trap match. Red went out and mixed him for 6 to start and then teched him pretty easily. 

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

He looked good yesterday against UNI. The guy he was wrestling was no slouch and it could have easily been a trap match. Red went out and mixed him for 6 to start and then teched him pretty easily. 

Bit of a slow start to that match. It took him 4 seconds to tie up that mixer. Not sure what he was doing for the first 3 seconds.

A Sports Psychologists is an amazing asset for athletes to have access too.   A lot of very successful people have used them to help overcome obstacles and excel at their sport and in life.   

Edited by MattM

That's a good article and a great story. I could only imagine how some kids get burned out after taking wrestling so serious for years. I am happy for CJ to get his drive and passion back. I am still waiting for the day when him and Lee are battling in a national title match! 

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

That's a good article and a great story. I could only imagine how some kids get burned out after taking wrestling so serious for years. I am happy for CJ to get his drive and passion back. I am still waiting for the day when him and Lee are battling in a national title match! 

I'd much rather Lee, Red, and Brayton Lee along with Parris all win championships in different weights. How cool would it be to see multiple NCAA champs from Indiana? Next year we could have Micic at 133, Nick Lee at 141, Chad Red...gets bigger 149, Brayton Lee at 157, and then Davison and Parris up top. 

18 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I'd much rather Lee, Red, and Brayton Lee along with Parris all win championships in different weights. How cool would it be to see multiple NCAA champs from Indiana? Next year we could have Micic at 133, Nick Lee at 141, Chad Red...gets bigger 149, Brayton Lee at 157, and then Davison and Parris up top. 

I wouldn't leave Joe Lee out of the mix next year!  He's a BEAST!

Edited by IU89

20 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Yes, this sounds much better!!

Great job by Chad Red Sr and relatives to encourage CJ to see the sports psychologist.  I am very happy to read about his overcoming this struggle. I hope to see a NCAA finals match of Red vs Lee in a few months!