Sportsmanship

ripken4148

32 minutes ago, ripken4148 said:

I have never seen such bad sportsmanship as I did today at the Circle City Classic from Franklin Central.  What made it worse was that the coaches didn’t seem to be worried about how their team was acting.

Shawn Slaymon,

There are numerous things that may lead to what is perceived as poor, or lack of, sportsmanship. If I'm not mistaken, which I'm not, we have on video fans from a school sharing your colors calling one of our African American athletes a N***r. I would assume that issues would arise from there. Any poor behavior on my athletes part is dealt with by the coaching staff and team. How and when those issues are  dealt with are none of your concern. If there is any issue with sportsmanship, you should take that up with the IHSAA. My only goal is to raise and teach these young men how to deal with adversity and one day be the future leaders in our society. 

Thanks for any concerns,

Coach Moore FC Head Coach

1 hour ago, ripken4148 said:

I have never seen such bad sportsmanship as I did today at the Circle City Classic from Franklin Central.  What made it worse was that the coaches didn’t seem to be worried about how their team was acting.

Although I wasn't at Circle City Classic, I was the tournament director at the Brownsburg JV Invite today where Franklin Central had a good group of young JV kids.  I can say Franklin Central's boys were respectful, well disciplined, and well coached team.  Your comment doesn't seem to align with what I've seen first hand from the FC squad and coaching staff.

Doug Campbell

Coach Moore, I do not know why you would direct your comment to Coach Slaymon?? To assume he was the one to make this post is completely wrong.  I can assure you that it was NOT a GREENWOOD wrestler or parent that made the alleged comment.  You do know that Greenwood and Westfields colors are similar, correct?  But the way your wrestlers handled everything does not align with sportsmanship.  Just look at how Geno wrestled in the championship match and afterwards all the kids laughing.

5 minutes ago, ripken4148 said:

Coach Moore, I do not know why you would direct your comment to Coach Slaymon?? To assume he was the one to make this post is completely wrong.  I can assure you that it was NOT a GREENWOOD wrestler or parent that made the alleged comment.  You do know that Greenwood and Westfields colors are similar, correct?  But the way your wrestlers handled everything does not align with sportsmanship.  Just look at how Geno wrestled in the championship match and afterwards all the kids laughing.

Once again sir if there are any issues take it up with the IHSAA. Keep my athletes, who are children, names out of your mouth.

36 minutes ago, Clan Campbell said:

Although I wasn't at Circle City Classic, I was the tournament director at the Brownsburg JV Invite today where Franklin Central had a good group of young JV kids.  I can say Franklin Central's boys were respectful, well disciplined, and well coached team.  Your comment doesn't seem to align with what I've seen first hand from the FC squad and coaching staff.

Doug Campbell

Yeah you wasn’t at Beach Grove so you comment is invalid. 

Edited by AmericanPride

11 minutes ago, AmericanPride said:

Yeah you wasn’t at Beach Grove so you comment is invalid. 

Nope, but been around a long time and seen a lot through all age groups and talent levels, so yes, my comment may not be valid to you, but it is to others.  Simply going on a forum and spewing hate is not very prideful as your username would suggest, perhaps you should change your username.

• Y2CJ41 locked this topic