Crown Point Dominant in First Dual...

The bulldogs started off the season looking great today. CP looked dominate in a 61-12 win over Portage. Jake Woods started off the dual winning a great match to begin crown points run. Damari Dancy then pinned his CP opponent to take Portages only lead of the night, 6-3.  Goin, and Frazier got pins in the following matches. At 120 Ty Haskins received a forfeit. Stephen Roberson then got the fall, followed with Jesse Mendez also getting a pin. CP continued dominating, winning the next 6 duals. Great first showing for the dogs. Interested in seeing how they match up with Chesterton in December.

4 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Disappointed they dropped the Traicoff Tournament In 3 weeks. We’ll never know where they would end up in Indiana as a duals team. The Al Smith should be a great warm-up for Bankers Life though! Wrestling season has commenced! 

After watching them last night it’s hard for me to believe they lose a dual. I know it’s early and there are many great teams but that group being soooo young is VERY talented. I highly dislike CP, but I give credit when it’s due. They are fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Who will be the best team they wrestle given the dual tournaments they are missing?

Possibly Carmel and Carrol at Westfield. OPRF, Providence, Dekalb, Detroit Catholic Central at IL duals. Chesterton, Hobart, and Merrillville. Also Brownsburg in tournament setting and all the great teams at the Al Smith. 

Hopefully next year we can make team state work. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.