Evansville Semi-State Preseason Rankings

Y2CJ41

6 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Who are the candidates to wrestle 106 for Mater Dei?  

Not sure if it was intentional, but there are two MD wrestlers ranked at 195.  McGrew at #3 and Lannert at #7.  Will one of those two bump up to 220?  

According to @TripleB, Mater Dei applied for a two entry waiver and was granted it. 

1 hour ago, boilerup87 said:

No KT Nelson??

Looks like he's not in Indiana anymore? He's not on Brownsburg's page and he wasn't mentioned in the preview magazine. Edit, just looked at IHPO results and looks like he got injured. Is he out for the year?

Edited by Thor

106 looks to be the most wide open.

113- Has Ross and Cheaney ever wrestled before?

120-Looks stacked!

138 looks stacked!

152- Oliver of Cathedral.. The Irish are not in E-Ville semi state right? Unless I missed that memo.

160-It's good to see freshman Purdy ranked. Can he compete with the top upperclassmen?

195- looks wide open

285- Looks deep and our top 4 should be able to compete with any HWT they draw at state.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Looks like he's not in Indiana anymore? He's not on Brownsburg's page and he wasn't mentioned in the preview magazine. Edit, just looked at IHPO results and looks like he got injured. Is he out for the year?

From watching  that match I don’t believe the injury has anything to do with him not being on a lineup currently 

11 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Who are the candidates to wrestle 106 for Mater Dei?  

Not sure if it was intentional, but there are two MD wrestlers ranked at 195.  McGrew at #3 and Lannert at #7.  Will one of those two bump up to 220?  

After further review @TripleB lied to me and the rankings are now fixed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 11:39 AM, Champ725 said:

From watching  that match I don’t believe the injury has anything to do with him not being on a lineup currently 

And my sources tell me he’s not at BB no more either. Also heard there may be a shake up at another powerhouse. 

2 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Come on 1PD , get it out there. We are all ears!  Need to keep up on the EVSS ranking info.  Navy 80 start getting them updates going.

So Gilbert is at 113 ?  Great weight for him. Later BT19

We shall see come this Saturday but I’m hearing that EMD 132 might not be wrestling due to reasons other than injury. We shall see. 

11 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

We shall see come this Saturday but I’m hearing that EMD 132 might not be wrestling due to reasons other than injury. We shall see. 

I’d be interested in hearing if a powerhouse team will be missing a key member, but I wouldn’t necessarily need to know the reasons why.

So there may be a shake up or issue with a Student Athlete at 126/132?  There is a wrestler that came from a Different School

near that weight. Could be an issue with Paperwork, did cross the T or dot the I?  Might be fighting the move! But will take a 

move-in Student Athlete to benefit them, but wont let them go!  Sounds a lot like Yorktown, Northview, Cathedral & other School.

It is crazy and very hard to see this happen. I just hope all matters get resolved, cause seeing a Student Athlete miss his HS years

really SUCKS and it is a hard situation to DEAL with!!  BT19

1 hour ago, Bigtoe19 said:

So there may be a shake up or issue with a Student Athlete at 126/132?  There is a wrestler that came from a Different School

near that weight. Could be an issue with Paperwork, did cross the T or dot the I?  Might be fighting the move! But will take a 

move-in Student Athlete to benefit them, but wont let them go!  Sounds a lot like Yorktown, Northview, Cathedral & other School.

It is crazy and very hard to see this happen. I just hope all matters get resolved, cause seeing a Student Athlete miss his HS years

really SUCKS and it is a hard situation to DEAL with!!  BT19

Has nothing to do with the transfer. Hoping he does wrestle but we shall see if dotting the I and crossing the T’s has improved. 

18 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

A.  Didn't make lineup

B.  Academically Ineligible

C.  Can't handle the 25 4 and 1 around the gym

That's why someone quits at MD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.