New Castle Semi-State Preseason

Y2CJ41

2 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

I heard he was at Bloomington south? Also saw where he committed to IU. Can sophomores even commit?

There are lots of questions it seems to as where Mr. Koontz is currently. 

Any athlete can verbally commit to college, they can only sign as a senior though. Verbal commitments are just that...verbal. 

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There are lots of questions it seems to as where Mr. Koontz is currently. 

Any athlete can verbally commit to college, they can only sign as a senior though. Verbal commitments are just that...verbal. 

Thanks for the clarification! Guess we will see where he ends up.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:01 AM, Hornet Coach said:

I'm really glad these young men are seeking the best place to get their education.

I assume you are referring to Cathedral’s 100% graduation rate and 99% college placement rate? If so, you’d be spot on. 

How are the graduation rates and college placement at your schools? If you want to improve your kid’s chances to prepare for or get into college, send them our way. The $15k tuition is quite a sacrifice, but they’ll be part of an amazing campus culture and most likely be a part of a winning extracurricular. The Cathedral Open House is tonight! Come check it out for yourself from 7-9pm. No invitation required. The Wrestling Center will be open with the rest of our facilities. Come one, come all! 

No, I was not.  Your assumption is incorrect.  I was simply saying that these young men that jump from school to school are obviously doing it for academic purposes, because per the IHSAA, doing it for athletic purposes is considered a violation.  I was actually saying I was happy for them because they have obviously found the best educational institution for them after trying several of them out.

I’ll only indulge you because the two young men you are referencing above have completely different situations. To generalize them as equal is irresponsible. 

I do love how people always assume kids pursue Cathedral purely for athletics. Athletics is just a minuscule upside of the Cathedral experience. Stop by campus sometime and see for yourself. 

You are getting your feathers ruffled over something you know nothing about.  Just because someone is speaking on a topic, doesn't mean they are talking about you. You are making just that, an ASSUMPTION.  I didn't assume anything, I simply said I was happy that these young men found their best academic fit.  If it was for other purposes, that is not for me to decide or discuss.  

On 11/6/2019 at 2:07 PM, wrastling said:

Koontz transferred from Edgewood to Bloomington South before the new school year started. He has now transferred to Perry and will compete there this season.

Koontz = Edgewood to Roncalli to Edgewood to Bloomington South to Perry Meridian.  Poor kid, hope his priorities are straight!

56 minutes ago, FC118 said:

Koontz = Edgewood to Roncalli to Edgewood to Bloomington South to Perry Meridian.  Poor kid, hope his priorities are straight!

Are you in the know as to why the changes have taken place? If not you probably should not speak on it. If so you are just a scum bag. Hopefully for your sake it is the former rather than the latter!!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.