Hoosiers in College 2019-2020 Results

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Davison beats Brunner..Lydy over Romero and Parris sticks his guy in 28 seconds! By far the greatest year for IN wrestlers with 6 IN guys making the Big10 Semis WOW!

How awesome would it be to have multiple Big10 champs from Indiana this year?

N. Lee/Red at 141, B. Lee at 149 & Mason all have decent chances. Lydy & Davison are both long shots, but that is why they wrestle the matches - they have a shot.

Has Indiana had multiple Big10 champs in the same year before? And/or how many times has it happened & when/who?

9 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

How awesome would it be to have multiple Big10 champs from Indiana this year?

N. Lee/Red at 141, B. Lee at 149 & Mason all have decent chances. Lydy & Davison are both long shots, but that is why they wrestle the matches - they have a shot.

Has Indiana had multiple Big10 champs in the same year before? And/or how many times has it happened & when/who?

I can't recall us ever having 2 or more champs at once! 

On 2/6/2020 at 11:03 PM, SIACfan said:

So you are suggesting that CJ sandbagged his matches with his team in a tight dual meet against both PSU & OSU?

On 2/6/2020 at 11:35 PM, SWINfan said:

Sorry, that's weak.  He wrestles in the Big Ten, the best conference in the country.  He's just getting beat.  To act as he has stepped up in such a great way, just to finish 7th and 8th, is ignoring the fact of reality.  It's not a compliment to be seen as just okay and then getting to AA.  He only beat one wrestler seeded higher than him to AA last year.  The year before he had an awesome win over Dean Heil, but none of his other wins were against big names or high seeds.  

He's stepped up, granted.  But he's also lost in the 2nd round both years.  Maybe he does better when the pressure is off?

I just don't think it's a compliment to excuse his losses as not important.

I think both of you need to reassess Chad Reds wrestling psychology, when it comes to what the importance difference is ,of his matches during the year. 

Chad will AA again this year. 
And say what you want but his earlier loss to Lee really means little in the scheme of things right now. You all saw him step it up for the  BIGS.  I look for him to continue through National’s.  Hope he stays healthy.  And when it counts more, I can envision Red beating Lee .

35 minutes ago, Disco said:

I think both of you need to reassess Chad Reds wrestling psychology, when it comes to what the importance difference is ,of his matches during the year. 

And say what you want but his earlier loss to Lee really means little in the scheme of things right now. You all saw him step it up for the  BIGS.  I look for him to continue through National’s.  Hope he stays healthy.  And when it counts more, I can envision Red beating Lee .

How nasty would it be to see him cradle Pletcher reminiscent of who's number 1?

3 hours ago, Disco said:

I'm all for Red & Lee finishing 1-2 at Nationals. I'd be ecstatic no matter which one finished on top if that happens.

But are you suggesting that winning an individual title is more important than team wins? In both of the earlier matches his team was in the middle of a tightly contested dual. How is his teammates & coaches supposed to take it if he only gives his best effort when an individual title is on the line?

It is one thing if an individual peaks at the right time. It is another if they only give their all when individual titles are on the line.

Yes, that earlier loss means very little for his chance at an individual title. But it meant a lot to that team dual with PSU pulling out a 20-18 victory.

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

But are you suggesting that winning an individual title is more important than team wins? In both of the earlier matches his team was in the middle of a tightly contested dual. 

I'm not suggesting anything,

2 hours ago, SIACfan said:

How is his teammates & coaches supposed to take it if he only gives his best effort when an individual title is on the line?

I would have to say scoring more points at nationals is more important to the program than winning or losing a dual match. So how do you think his coaches and teammates would take it.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, Disco said:

Red don’t show all his cards till the money is on the line. 
Looking for another AA run this year. 

22 hours ago, Disco said:

...You all saw him step it up for the  BIGS.  I look for him to continue through National’s.  Hope he stays healthy.  And when it counts more, I can envision Red beating Lee .

Saying "he don't show all his cards", "saw him step it up", & "when it counts more" does indeed insinuate that he was not giving 100% in those earlier dual meet matches. That he wasn't willing to give his very best effort until there was an individual title on the line.

I know that as a competitor &/or coach, I want teammates/athletes that are willing to give 100% every time. Because you never know what you will get from those that don't.

4 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Saying "he don't show all his cards", "saw him step it up", & "when it counts more" does indeed insinuate that he was not giving 100% in those earlier dual meet matches. 

You don’t understand Chad

23 hours ago, SIACfan said:

This again,I’m not suggesting anything.  

Edited by Disco