Hoosiers in College 2019-2020 Results

Indiana pin fest tonight in Michigan at Nebraska dual.

Parris and Red get first period pins.

Parris gets a first period takedown of Nebrask's Jensen followed by a tough ride. He works the bar arm and uses it to turn Jensen and stick him.

Red spins out of a first period attempted single by Michigan's Mattin, comes out on top and locks up a cradle. After what seems like an eternity (roughly 40 seconds) he finally gets the mat slap.

Edited by wrestlenewbie

9 minutes ago, tonyb71 said:

New #1 after that impressive win over Pletcher!!  Should be another great match at the Big 10.  

Just finished watching.  I started about 15-20 behind.  Big win for Nick, especially since Pletcher seemed to be in control the first half of the match.  Or at least it felt that way...

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Just finished watching.  I started about 15-20 behind.  Big win for Nick, especially since Pletcher seemed to be in control the first half of the match.  Or at least it felt that way...

Agree it felt that way too.  Pletcher got that first takedown and nearly had another but incredible defense by Nick.  Nick seemed to separate in the 2nd period and never let up.  

1 minute ago, tonyb71 said:

Agree it felt that way too.  Pletcher got that first takedown and nearly had another but incredible defense by Nick.  Nick seemed to separate in the 2nd period and never let up.  

And shall now be the #1 141 lb'er in the country, at least until the Big Ten Tournament

3 hours ago, SWINfan said:

And shall now be the #1 141 lb'er in the country, at least until the Big Ten Tournament

And beyond the Big 10 tournament. What I saw tonight bodes well for Lee going forward.  He is both more judicious in when he takes his shots and still able to wear guys down. Thats a pretty hard combo to beat.

Pletcher was bellied out a few times and it took everything he had left to get off bottom in the third. I dont think that gets solved between now and the end of the season.

4 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Their next 2 matches won’t be as close as tonight. It took a few minutes for Nick to figure him out and then he dominated. Nick will dominate from start to finish at Big 10’s and NCAA’s. 

8 hours ago, IU89 said:

Their next 2 matches won’t be as close as tonight. It took a few minutes for Nick to figure him out and then he dominated. Nick will dominate from start to finish at Big 10’s and NCAA’s. 

I hope you are right, but I'm not so sure.

Nick proved to be the superior wrestler last night but only later in the match after Pletcher tired a bit. Pletcher's quickness coupled with his compact strength seemed to give him the edge early, but as the match wore on his quickness seemed to wane & Nick took over.

I think Pletcher may learn from this match & close the gap. It could be similar to last years matchups with McKenna, but I think Nick is better this year & it will be tougher for Pletcher to turn the tide as McKenna did last year.

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I think Matthew Werts From Zionsville is here to. Does he wrestle for Baldwin Wallace?

Carson and Hunter in the finals. 

Watts loses to Jordan Decatur in the finals. They dueled penn state last night and came and won this today. 

Carson beats a solid Russian in the finals 14-3 to win his 4th open of the season. Had a runner up finish this year  also. Putting together a very solid redshirt campaign. #ProudDad

Edited by Mattyb

Graham Rooks has a great come from behind (6-0) win today against another ranked (albeit lower than Rooks) wrestler. A fifth year Sr from SIUE who put Rooks on his back in the first simply couldn’t keep with Rooks’ pace after that. I think it ended up being 9-7 Graham in OT. 

Cayden also picked up a nice win (a major). 

On 2/16/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mattyb said:

Watts loses to Jordan Decatur in the finals. They dueled penn state last night and came and won this today. 

Carson beats a solid Russian in the finals 14-3 to win his 4th open of the season. Had a runner up finish this year  also. Putting together a very solid redshirt campaign. #ProudDad

Yeah, I did a double take when I looked at those brackets.  Decatur wrestled and lost to RBY at Penn State Friday night and this tournament on Saturday.  That's impressive!

You guys are probably still spent from the weekend, so I thought I would help a little with the results I could find for college:

Friday

Chad Red pins Mitch McKee (Minnesota) in 3:53. If Mitch McKee never sees another Indiana wrestler, that will probably be alright with him.

Brayton Lee tech falls Christian Miller (Nebraska) 23-8

Mason Parris earns a 10-1 major over Jon Spaulding (Edinboro)

Garrett Pepple loses in a 7-3 decision to Drew Marten (Central Mich)

Cayden Rooks earns a 12-2 major over Wade Cummings (Chattanooga)

Graham Rooks loses 12-8 to Tanner Smith (Chattanooga)

Diego Lemly gets pinned by Hunter Fortner (Chattanooga) in 4;16

Nick Willham loses in a 14-4 major to Rodney Jones (Chattanooga)

Rudy Streck loses a 6-3 decision to Grayson Walthall (Chattanooga)

Sunday

Nick Lee earns a 7-3 decision over Salvatore Profaci (American)

Bonus Cross Over Content

Could be college. Could be high school. Is both.

Matt Lee enters the Mat Town II tournament as a high school senior and takes home third at 157.

After beating Jonrocco Kazalas (Binghamton)  11-3 in the round of 16 he lost to red-shirt junior Elijah Cleary (Ohio State) 8-1. On the back side he had consecutive wins over Benny Baker (Finger Lakes) by a score of 16-3, Garrett Fisk (Maryland) 3-2, and Wyatt McCarthy (Rider) 4-3 before receiving third in a no contest victory of number 1 seed Jon Ross (Lock Haven).

Really surprised only wabash only qualified 4 for the national tourney!  Regardless congrats to Champ Hatch, runner ups Darden Schurg and Max Bishop and placing 3rd Alex Barr... Looking forward to their runs and to what the future holds for the rest of the underclassmen!  T.Carson will be making noise for the next 3 years and had a very solid freshman campaign winning nearly 20 matches at a tough 184 class and placing at all but 1 tourney!

Asa Garcia wins the 2020 National Collegiate Open. That a pretty big deal. Great win to cap off a very solid redshirt year. 

Most of last years senior class had great redshirt years. Add in Rooks success after pulling his redshirt. Great things ahead for these men.