Hoosiers in College 2019-2020 Results

7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Man that Michigan - Minnesota dual was disappointing.  Arguably the two most highly anticipated matches of the day didn't happen.  No Brayton Lee or Gable Steveson.  Lee vs. Kanen Storr and Steveson vs. Mason Parris would have been awesome to see.  

Is Brayton Lee injured? Or is he resting?

11 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Man that Michigan - Minnesota dual was disappointing.  Arguably the two most highly anticipated matches of the day didn't happen.  No Brayton Lee or Gable Steveson.  Lee vs. Kanen Storr and Steveson vs. Mason Parris would have been awesome to see.  

Disappointing is an understatement. I was really looking forward to those matches.

Anyone have any info? Neither of them wrestled against Mich St on Friday night also. The students commentating the Michigan match mentioned that they didn't travel with the team this weekend. Hope everything is OK with these two.

10 hours ago, SWINfan said:

It has been a complaint for a few years now actually.  It will happen eventually, at the Big Ten or Nationals.  

It was weird seeing Penn State in white singlets tonight though.  

But the reasons for not competing in these matches are varied.  Sure doesn’t help grow the sport. 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Purdue’s gonna win this match, but easily the worst I’ve seen them wrestle this year. Very disappointing when trying to make a big instate statement. 

The worst thing is the one announcer... Keeps calling the match "the game" or "the fight", the wrestlers "players", and moves "the plays". SMH

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Purdue up 20-3 at 125. Graham Rooks with another upset at 149 over an injured/gassed Griffin Parriott. Everything else Purdue after that match

Why do you word it like Rooks win over a “injured” or “gassed “ Parriott ? Do you know with first hand knowledge that Parriott is hurt ? Rooks was in better form tonight so if you don’t know of a injury then don’t take away from Rook’s win .. You said in a earlier thread that Parriott would major Rooks , IU has been recruiting and working hard to make a push in the next three / Four years .. and no I am not a parent or relative of any wrestler at a IU .. 

2 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Cayden Rooks took out Travis Ford-Melton as well.  Dylan Lydy needed to go to SV to beat Covaciu.  Several close matches.

In Lydy's 14 matches against top 99 ranked (per wrestlestat) he is 13-1 with a net margin of just 24 points. 4 of his victories have come in SV. Keeping it close is his MO.

5 hours ago, eastdad18 said:

Why do you word it like Rooks win over a “injured” or “gassed “ Parriott ? Do you know with first hand knowledge that Parriott is hurt ? Rooks was in better form tonight so if you don’t know of a injury then don’t take away from Rook’s win .. You said in a earlier thread that Parriott would major Rooks , IU has been recruiting and working hard to make a push in the next three / Four years .. and no I am not a parent or relative of any wrestler at a IU .. 

Yes, I know Parriott has been hurt. This was his first match back since Midlands where he looked hurt then too. And he looked the part of someone wrestling in a pitch count just coming back, gassed after the first period.

But I will give credit to Rooks, he’s looked great the past few weeks, his two wins over Thomas from Northwestern we’re really impressive. My comment on Parriott majoring him was a while ago, when Rooks was losing to guys not as highly regarded as Parriott. 

Honestly, I’m probably just an annoyed Purdue fan wishing people in State would give the Boilers a little more love. The push in recruiting your talking about for IU has already happened for Purdue, and they are nationally relevant now, yet all anyone talks about is how Angel has the team on the way up. 

Fun match to be at, you all need to experience The Wilk, The Hoosiers ,pretty much , expected to win every match in this meet. And they wrestled like that against Iowa.  Nothing new.  The work Tony and crew has done at Purdue is finally paying off for them. More studs to work with and getting them prepared.  Now as with the Hoosiers, both squads need to retain the in state high school studs. For the rest of the country ,Indiana D1 wrestling’s on the rise. 

5 hours ago, Kaylababy69 said:

Uindy has two home meets this week, today @ 7pm and Friday at @7pm. Couple of young Indiana guys having solid seasons thus far.  

Agree , UIndy has surprised some individuals , as a team they have had a ton of injuries but that allows experience for some of the younger wrestlers..Wabash has been really strong in the national duals as well ..several of their wrestlers ranked in the top two of their weight class ..

2 hours ago, eastdad18 said:

Agree , UIndy has surprised some individuals , as a team they have had a ton of injuries but that allows experience for some of the younger wrestlers..Wabash has been really strong in the national duals as well ..several of their wrestlers ranked in the top two of their weight class ..

Wabash Depth is there as well..184 Carson has placed at all but 1 tournament and has a winning record as a freshman! He'll be a problem once that weight room work and technique take form! 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:05 AM, SIACfan said:

Disappointing is an understatement. I was really looking forward to those matches.

Anyone have any info? Neither of them wrestled against Mich St on Friday night also. The students commentating the Michigan match mentioned that they didn't travel with the team this weekend. Hope everything is OK with these two.

Breyton was there, not sure why he didn't compete.  I am thinking he is probably injured. I sure hope he gets healthy and back in the lineup. I look forward to him competing in the Big 10's and the NCAA's.

I dont believe Gable was there, we never saw him.  Didn't see Bobby either.  Hopefully everyone is healthy.  I was looking forward to the matchups as well. 

I knew Mason put on some protein, but seeing him on tv and seeing him in person are two different things.

15 hours ago, rookie78 said:

I knew Mason put on some protein, but seeing him on tv and seeing him in person are two different things.

Mason is noticeably bigger this year. He looks like a monster out there compared to some of his opponents. Really looking forward to a matchup with Steveson.

Big night in the Big Ten tonight!

Penn State at Nebraska and Ohio State at Iowa are on Big Ten Network back-to-back tonight.

Purdue at Maryland

Indiana at Rutgers

Michigan at Northwestern

Minnesota is off until Sunday when they host Ohio State.

Will be interesting to see another Nick Lee vs. Chad Red match this evening.  Which direction will that match up turn?  

Side note: In the next 3 weeks, Nick Lee will face:
Chad Red
Max Murin
Tristan Moran
Mitch McKee
Luke Pletcher

Edited by SWINfan

Also of note and I don't think it's been mentioned back here but the ACCNet is now broadcasting wrestling on Friday's (I think) as well so those of you with appropriate cable providers can check that out as well..possible Ty Mills action (just wanted to "Ty" it in to the thread topic of IN kids!!). 

31 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Big night in the Big Ten tonight!

Penn State at Nebraska and Ohio State at Iowa are on Big Ten Network back-to-back tonight.

Purdue at Maryland

Indiana at Rutgers

Michigan at Northwestern

Minnesota is off until Sunday when they host Ohio State.

Will be interesting to see another Nick Lee vs. Chad Red match this evening.  Which direction will that match up turn?  

Side note: In the next 3 weeks, Nick Lee will face:
Chad Red
Max Murin
Tristan Moran
Mitch McKee
Luke Pletcher

That list is also known as the top 5 guys not named Nick Lee. Per Flo rankings: Red #6, Murin #3, Moran #4, McKee #5, Pletcher #1. So the Big 10 has all of the top 6 at 141. Meat grinder.

8 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Also of note and I don't think it's been mentioned back here but the ACCNet is now broadcasting wrestling on Friday's (I think) as well so those of you with appropriate cable providers can check that out as well..possible Ty Mills action (just wanted to "Ty" it in to the thread topic of IN kids!!). 

Thanks... Ty's dinged up at the moment, but should be back in the lineup within the next week.  He's been taking some good beatings, but looking better every match and learning!!!  The scores may look pretty bad, but he's learning how to score and screw the boring 1-0 matches... score, score, score!!!  The dual tomorrow with Pitt should be on the ACCNX, but I don't think Duke has any primetime duals scheduled this year.  The ACCN is still dominated by football and basketball, but hopefully with the ACC knocking on the door with 5 top 25 teams in wrestling, it will fix itself.  Next year, Duke should be back in the mix with our Olympic redshirts back and more depth in the lineup.

On another note, I'm just amazed at how talented all of our Indiana boys are after seeing the competition Ty's faced.  Brayton, Mason, Nick, CJ, Brock, Cael, both Drew's, the Rooks, etc... are freaking STUDS, there are NO easy matches in D1.  Plus, we have lots more on the cusp of making the lineup... very exiting!  Proud to be a Hoosier on the mat!