Number of Dual Meets

CoachW33

Could someone tell me the minimum and maximum amount of dual meets allowed in a season? A group of coaches and I were discussing the topic and it was brought up that the max dual meets we could have was six. This would put most teams out of compliance with their conference schedule, not to mention additional dual meets they have outside of their conference.  

Minimum single duals is 6, the max is basically 18.

60-2 The maximum number of season wrestling dual meets in which any team or student may participate, excluding the IHSAA Tournament Series, shall be Eighteen (18); however, a team or student may participate in additional season tournaments (an interschool wrestling Rule 60 - Wrestling 116 meet which involved Three (3) or more schools is a tournament) up to a maximum of Six (6), provided each tournament counts as Two (2) of the Eighteen (18) dual meets. A triangular meet (double dual) is counted as Two (2) dual meets towards a team’s Six (6) dual meet maximum. Each weigh-in for any tournament shall count as only One (1) weighin toward the minimum requirements for IHSAA Tournament Series qualification.

There is therule and I'm thinking the highlighted maximum is meant to be minimum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.