Jump to content
Wrestlingfanatic

Best to come up short

Recommended Posts

With season just around the corner, figured we could look in the past and ask who are some of the best wrestlers to come up short? Whether it be from making it to state entirely or just short of a state title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B. Campbell-New castle 2x runner up.. undefeated freshman year until appendix burst as well

T. Coatie-Perry/New Castle- 3 sport all state athlete.. Didn't start till freshman year and beat State Champion Danny williams and runner up -Conkling in the same season

 

Nate Newport- Franklin Central

All time great match vs Mauer in the finals and overall beast

 

Alex DOLLEY- another unreal match vs Mauer in the finals and multiple time placer.

 

Matt Jaggers-New Castle over 210 wins and entered state his Jr. And sr. Season 50+-0 .. 4x SQ AND 3x placer.. 3x NC SS Champ losing to Angel in the finals

 

A.Sessa- Lake central-4x placer 

2x runner-up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

B. Campbell-New castle 2x runner up.. undefeated freshman year until appendix burst as well

T. Coatie-Perry/New Castle- 3 sport all state athlete.. Didn't start till freshman year and beat State Champion Danny williams and runner up -Conkling in the same season

 

Nate Newport- Franklin Central

All time great match vs Mauer in the finals and overall beast

 

Alex DOLLEY- another unreal match vs Mauer in the finals and multiple time placer.

 

Matt Jaggers-New Castle over 210 wins and entered state his Jr. And sr. Season 50+-0 .. 4x SQ AND 3x placer.. 3x NC SS Champ losing to Angel in the finals

 

A.Sessa- Lake central-4x placer 

2x runner-up..

Aaron was so good. My dad used to take me to watch Lake Central wrestle and I loved watching Aaron. Was definitely a stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Aaron was so good. My dad used to take me to watch Lake Central wrestle and I loved watching Aaron. Was definitely a stud.

Yessir! Vince Sessa was a monster too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yessir! Vince Sessa was a monster too!

 

36 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yessir! Vince Sessa was a monster too!

Still is. One of, if not, the best coaches I’ve ever had...tons of love for the Sessa family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riley Lefever was a Fargo runner up, a 4x D3 champ and he beat a sr level world bronze medalist, he also lost 2-0 to JDen Cox... Not sure if this is still a conversation. 

Edited by Y21AB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Y21AB said:

Riley Lefever was a Fargo runner up, a 4x D3 champ and he beat a sr level world bronze medalist, he also lost 2-0 to JDen Cox... Not sure if this is still a conversation. 

Didn’t realize he only lost Jden 2-0. When was this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Y21AB said:

Riley Lefever was a Fargo runner up, a 4x D3 champ and he beat a sr level world bronze medalist, he also lost 2-0 to JDen Cox... Not sure if this is still a conversation. 

This brings up the old side argument of later achievements proving it vs. achievements at the time.  Don’t get me wrong Riley had some solid HS achievements and losing a close final to a stud like Bobby Steveson is definitely worth throwing his name into this debate.  But, I’m just saying there are two different ways to look at these achievements which I would say keeps the “conversation” open.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.