Best to come up short

Here is one that everyone is overlooking. I have followed this Sport since my days watching Bryan Bailey Dominate at our

HS of Martinsville. This wrestler was over looked cause of the Highly successful guys in his years. Win you finish under the 

Lights with guys like Tsirtsis, Escobedo, Maurer, Coughlin, Humphrey, Elkins you are a very talented wrestler. Not to come out

as the top guy on that Podium says a lot about Indiana Wrestling.

The HS Carrer that CHARLIE PINGLETON has was great and should be considered a Top 5 to come up short. Great Family

and away of him back in those days. BT19

2 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Here is one that everyone is overlooking. I have followed this Sport since my days watching Bryan Bailey Dominate at our

HS of Martinsville. This wrestler was over looked cause of the Highly successful guys in his years. Win you finish under the 

Lights with guys like Tsirtsis, Escobedo, Maurer, Coughlin, Humphrey, Elkins you are a very talented wrestler. Not to come out

as the top guy on that Podium says a lot about Indiana Wrestling.

The HS Carrer that CHARLIE PINGLETON has was great and should be considered a Top 5 to come up short. Great Family

and away of him back in those days. BT19

How in the hell did I forget him?  That Elkins finals match was unreal!  And he ws a national champion in college as well and fought that sickening C word like no other..R.I.P to Charlie dude ws an absolute animal..I'll never forget how he'd be take ppl down cut them run bk to the center and make his victims walk bk to the center because he KNEW the rules are enforced to make you always force the action bk to the center and he would let them walk bk into blast doubles and Hi-Cs if he chose not to pin em.. Another 2x runner up that had state champion pedigree like no other!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

I have to say Thadeus Douglas needs to be on this list, he beat  a few guys mentioned on this thread, as well as a  2x all American out at Fargo. At 98 pounds, he was giving up some weight. Lost to Sheets in the semi’s from what looked like a bad call from my seat. Pound for pound the baddest around.

9 hours ago, Rugger44 said:

I have to say Thadeus Douglas needs to be on this list, he beat  a few guys mentioned on this thread, as well as a  2x all American out at Fargo. At 98 pounds, he was giving up some weight. Lost to Sheets in the semi’s from what looked like a bad call from my seat. Pound for pound the baddest around.

Here's what it looked like from my seat. 

Screenshot_20191116-063541.png

31 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Here's what it looked like from my seat. 

Screenshot_20191116-063541.png

That’s interesting, the ref spoke to his coach the next season and told him that it was the worst call he has ever made and he got caught up in the moment. Maybe you had terrible seats? 

On 11/12/2019 at 2:48 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Beat Ben Wissel his Jr. Year.. Randy Baker ws an animal..I remember Ben wearing a shirt with a photo of him broke down after that match.. I seen him wear it at our dual with Richmond back in the day.. needless to say he didn't let history repeat itself and won a state title and ncca All American at Purdue.

That picture and headline were the dirtiest I’ve ever seen a local paper do a kid....

and Ben made a freakin t-shirt out of the thing and wore to warm-up in.

That was the craziest come back I have ever seen in my life. Baker was down 5 with 25 seconds left and gets escape, takedown, cradle to win by one. 

1 hour ago, Rugger44 said:

That’s interesting, the ref spoke to his coach the next season and told him that it was the worst call he has ever made and he got caught up in the moment. Maybe you had terrible seats? 

Interestingly, if Sheets doesn't win that match he's probably a 4x third placer and is in this discussion. 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:52 PM, Jayruss said:

You can’t have this debate without Craig Macke. And with all due respect to B James, Macke isn’t getting pinned his senior year by a frosh. Macke has the unfortunate distinction as the best to never win it by body of work. Can make a decent argument for Alex Dolly.

2003 125lbs State 3rd - Lost 5-2 to Angel Escobedo in Semifinal
2002 112lbs State 2nd - Lost 13-2 to Angel Escobedo in Final
2001 103lbs State 2nd - Lost 4-3 to Aaron Clark in Final
2000 103lbs State 4th - Lost to Gerardo Quiroz 6-2 semifinal; Thadeus Douglas 12-2 3rd Place match.

13 hours ago, Jcjcjc said:

That picture and headline were the dirtiest I’ve ever seen a local paper do a kid....

and Ben made a freakin t-shirt out of the thing and wore to warm-up in.

That was the craziest come back I have ever seen in my life. Baker was down 5 with 25 seconds left and gets escape, takedown, cradle to win by one. 

That match alone help shape guys future!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.