Best to come up short

B. Campbell-New castle 2x runner up.. undefeated freshman year until appendix burst as well

T. Coatie-Perry/New Castle- 3 sport all state athlete.. Didn't start till freshman year and beat State Champion Danny williams and runner up -Conkling in the same season

Nate Newport- Franklin Central

All time great match vs Mauer in the finals and overall beast

Alex DOLLEY- another unreal match vs Mauer in the finals and multiple time placer.

Matt Jaggers-New Castle over 210 wins and entered state his Jr. And sr. Season 50+-0 .. 4x SQ AND 3x placer.. 3x NC SS Champ losing to Angel in the finals

A.Sessa- Lake central-4x placer 

2x runner-up..

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

B. Campbell-New castle 2x runner up.. undefeated freshman year until appendix burst as well

T. Coatie-Perry/New Castle- 3 sport all state athlete.. Didn't start till freshman year and beat State Champion Danny williams and runner up -Conkling in the same season

Nate Newport- Franklin Central

All time great match vs Mauer in the finals and overall beast

Alex DOLLEY- another unreal match vs Mauer in the finals and multiple time placer.

Matt Jaggers-New Castle over 210 wins and entered state his Jr. And sr. Season 50+-0 .. 4x SQ AND 3x placer.. 3x NC SS Champ losing to Angel in the finals

A.Sessa- Lake central-4x placer 

2x runner-up..

Aaron was so good. My dad used to take me to watch Lake Central wrestle and I loved watching Aaron. Was definitely a stud.

8 hours ago, Y21AB said:

Riley Lefever was a Fargo runner up, a 4x D3 champ and he beat a sr level world bronze medalist, he also lost 2-0 to JDen Cox... Not sure if this is still a conversation. 

This brings up the old side argument of later achievements proving it vs. achievements at the time.  Don’t get me wrong Riley had some solid HS achievements and losing a close final to a stud like Bobby Steveson is definitely worth throwing his name into this debate.  But, I’m just saying there are two different ways to look at these achievements which I would say keeps the “conversation” open.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.