"Shute, nobody wants to wrestle Shute"

Just a short Vision Quest story to get everybody excited and to get out of the pre-season wrestling doldrums.  So I  was on Facebook and  I have an old wrestling buddy who is friends with Frank Jasper "AKA Brian Shute".   My buddy got an awsome autographed picture from Frank of the legendary stadium log scene.  I had a little conversation with Frank, and he answered some questions. He was at 4% body fat for the movie and that log was real and weighed a 100 pounds.   That kind of made my day and thought i would share it.  Frank  is a fitness  guru and sells "Shute Shirts".   Here's the link https://www.shuteshirts.com/?fbclid=IwAR0fYW0aPCLB4wqM247T6-FdX1Ydue_7fza3I15wOc38nio_E4D-W75189o .     Im just curious as to how many of today's high school kids have seen Vision Quest.

I read an interview Jasper that it was a real log, but hollowed out.  We used to train with using 6-8 or so guys per log in the USMC and it would probably take a guy like Chris Taylor to probably even deadlift a full log or telephone pole.  Japser was a legit wrestler, though.  I think he was into body building at the time and had to cut a ton to get down to weight for the film.  I'll try to find the article.  Thanks for posting this.

Edited by busstogate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.