IHPO

IMrule

My OW goes to Logan Bailey. 

Mendez put on a show too. 

Crown Point, Avon, Brownsburg, EMD, Cathedral, Chesterton, Roncolli, and Mishawaka with multiple placers. Sorry if I missed any other school with multiple placers. 

Only top 4 place. 

Btw... weights were all funky, so take the results with a grain of salt. Some kids wrestled at off season walk around weight, and some kids cut hard. I like that fact. We get to see match ups that we would never get to see in season. 

Edited by Mattyb

34 minutes ago, base said:

Austin Boone (Lowell) over Alec Viduya for the championship?  Austin Boone isn't a familiar name - was he at state last year?

Boone is a three-time state champ from Michigan. He has been in and out of the national rankings since he was in middle school and I believe on the Flo senior big board. He's legit and really tough.

39 minutes ago, base said:

Austin Boone (Lowell) over Alec Viduya for the championship?  Austin Boone isn't a familiar name - was he at state last year?

The kid has been in some national rankings. He won his state title at 152 last year in Michigan. 

The Willis kid from Florida was also in that bracket he is a two timer from Florida. He was also a Tulsa finalist back when.

Jaden Reynolds gave Willis all he wanted and lost a though one 4-3, for 3rd and 4th. Jaden looked good. 

148 was the toughest bracket in my opinion. 

Again, some kids got weight down and came to win. 

Nobody seems to be talking about it and nobody looked surprised during the match. However, There was a defensive pin in the finals match with Bailey and Saito, which doesn’t happen often.

Edited by wrastling
Rewatched match from different angle

10 hours ago, wrastling said:

Nobody seems to be talking about it and nobody looked surprised during the match. However, I definitely question the pin in the finals match with Bailey and Saito. 

Trackwrestling tweeted a clip of the pin out, recognizing Logan, and they didn’t question it either. 

10 hours ago, wrastling said:

Nobody seems to be talking about it and nobody looked surprised during the match. However, I definitely question the pin in the finals match with Bailey and Saito. 

The kid was flat two or three times. Just watch the moms sitting against the wall. They were calling for the pin!!! Not sure who they are (😜🤥) but they are watching from the other side and clearly saw the pin. 

1 hour ago, Clan Campbell said:

Agree with Matt, definitely a pin. I was watching that match intently as it was of much interest to me and a boy of mine.  Congrats to Logan on a well deserved win

Pin should’ve been called earlier in the match though, the ref called it late when it was questionable. Still a good defensive pin.

2 hours ago, wrastling said:

Pin should’ve been called earlier in the match though, the ref called it late when it was questionable. Still a good defensive pin.

Not sure if that was a defensive pin. They were in a scramble, Bailey caught him on his back during the scramble, and continued to drive into him to he got the fall. 

Give it up... it was legit. 

3 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

Interested to hear how the boarman/mendez match went.  Did Boarman get a takedown on Mendez?  Was also interested how the consolation matches went in this bracket seemed like some upsets along the way.  

Here is the link to the brackets.
https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=478901132

There is also video on there so you can watch all the matches.

37 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

Interested to hear how the boarman/mendez match went.  Did Boarman get a takedown on Mendez?  Was also interested how the consolation matches went in this bracket seemed like some upsets along the way.  

One of my guys got a takedown on Jesse. Needless to say the match didn’t  last too much longer after that.

Edited by bigballerb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.