IHSWCA Fall Clinic, and NWCA Leadership Academy Oct 17-18

dstruck

A very nice turnout for the rules interpretation meeting this afternoon. Thanks to all that attended, and as stated by Robert Faulkens, please do not hesitate to reach out to Jim Russell, Frankie Medvescek or myself throughout the season in regards to rules interpretations/questions.

Thanks,

Chuck B

Congratulations to the IHSWCA officers and exec. director for one of our best clinics ever! Mark Manning is a rapid fire technique machine. Attendance was great: We smashed the NWCA Scholastic Leadership Academy attendance record with 85 coaches Friday. Coach Pete Jacobson did his usual amazing job and the input from the coaches was great. Even us grizzled veterans came away with some things to add to our programs and our younger coaches were hit with some great ideas to build their programs. Season starts soon, let's do our part to grow wrestling and recruit some more kids into our programs. If every high school program in the country recruited just THREE new kids into their program the 30,000 decline in participation would be reversed. None of us can do all of of it but all of us can do some of it.

Thanks to SLA Director Bud Hennebaul for giving us a great clinician. Thanks to Major Pegram and the US Marines who are our generous and dedicated sponsors and thanks to NWCA Executive Director Mike Moyer for making the trip out to join us for this important event. INVITE THE UNITED STATES MARINES INTO YOUR WRESTLING ROOM!!! They will put on a day of conditioning and team building for you and tailor it to what you want your team to get out of it. Their financial support is what makes the SLAs possi ble.

Best wishes to all for a great season and I will see you on the road to Bankers Life!

Dave

On 10/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, davecloud said:

Congratulations to the IHSWCA officers and exec. director for one of our best clinics ever! Mark Manning is a rapid fire technique machine. Attendance was great: We smashed the NWCA Scholastic Leadership Academy attendance record with 85 coaches Friday. Coach Pete Jacobson did his usual amazing job and the input from the coaches was great. Even us grizzled veterans came away with some things to add to our programs and our younger coaches were hit with some great ideas to build their programs. Season starts soon, let's do our part to grow wrestling and recruit some more kids into our programs. If every high school program in the country recruited just THREE new kids into their program the 30,000 decline in participation would be reversed. None of us can do all of of it but all of us can do some of it.

Thanks to SLA Director Bud Hennebaul for giving us a great clinician. Thanks to Major Pegram and the US Marines who are our generous and dedicated sponsors and thanks to NWCA Executive Director Mike Moyer for making the trip out to join us for this important event. INVITE THE UNITED STATES MARINES INTO YOUR WRESTLING ROOM!!! They will put on a day of conditioning and team building for you and tailor it to what you want your team to get out of it. Their financial support is what makes the SLAs possi ble.

Best wishes to all for a great season and I will see you on the road to Bankers Life!

Dave

Rapid fire is putting it mildly, I couldn't keep up.  If there is any way I could buy the video or get my hands on Mark Manning's presentation I would greatly appreciate it. 

I am new to the wrestling community but I am so grateful to the "grizzled veterans" for making me feel so welcomed to this special group of people.  This is just my second year attended the clinic but both years have been great and I have gained valuable information that I have been able to implement into our wrestling program.  Looking forward to a great season of wrestling.  Good luck this season.

Scott Rowland

Alexandria Monroe High School  (I can't just write Dave that's only for Grizzled Veterans)

On 10/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, davecloud said:

Dave

Kind sir Mr. Bill Flatt from South Bend Riley used to have the All-Marine wrestling team come there and hold clinic on freestyle and Greco in the mid 2000's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.