Thanks, Coach Peck

Dave Cloud

Apologies if I have missed a post on this already on the board. 

As you already know, Coach Rex Peckinpaugh has announced his retirement as head coach of the New Castle Trojans. I will not attempt to summarize his statement since it, like everything Rex does, was so well done. Check it out on Facebook.  Rex thought long and hard about his decision and I am confident he has done the best thing, like always. Reading the posts from past Trojan wrestlers and friends of the program was like taking a walk back through time. Seeing the names with the posts sparked a lot of fond memories (except for when we wrestled them). Rex has been a leader and influential voice in Indiana high school wrestling so long that it is difficult to remember when he wasn't a force or to envision a future without him in that role. The good news is that Rex has no intention of disappearing. I'm sure we will see him at events and continue to enjoy his company.

Thanks, Rex for all you have done to raise the profile of the sport in Indiana. The stats are truly amazing: Over 1000 dual meet wins, a win streak of over 100, dozens and dozens of state finalists, team runners-up in some epic matches and helping to host an awesome Semi-State, freestyle tournaments and Middle School State.

But more than that, thanks for being such a great friend, rival and role model for how to treat athletes. There simply are no better people in the sport than the New Castle Wrestling Family. 

Dave Cloud

1 hour ago, davecloud said:

Apologies if I have missed a post on this already on the board. 

As you already know, Coach Rex Peckinpaugh has announced his retirement as head coach of the New Castle Trojans. I will not attempt to summarize his statement since it, like everything Rex does, was so well done. Check it out on Facebook.  Rex thought long and hard about his decision and I am confident he has done the best thing, like always. Reading the posts from past Trojan wrestlers and friends of the program was like taking a walk back through time. Seeing the names with the posts sparked a lot of fond memories (except for when we wrestled them). Rex has been a leader and influential voice in Indiana high school wrestling so long that it is difficult to remember when he wasn't a force or to envision a future without him in that role. The good news is that Rex has no intention of disappearing. I'm sure we will see him at events and continue to enjoy his company.

Thanks, Rex for all you have done to raise the profile of the sport in Indiana. The stats are truly amazing: Over 1000 dual meet wins, a win streak of over 100, dozens and dozens of state finalists, team runners-up in some epic matches and helping to host an awesome Semi-State, freestyle tournaments and Middle School State.

But more than that, thanks for being such a great friend, rival and role model for how to treat athletes. There simply are no better people in the sport than the New Castle Wrestling Family. 

Dave Cloud

great post! us Trojans like yall arabians as well!  peck will be around and i'll be helping some young studs from new castle..Look out for a monster incoming freshman Brevan Thrine! could make some noise in the NC SS and HHC CONFERENCE 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.