New home for State

lewdwar

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see us utilize the Pepsi Coliseum for Team State, but from what they powers that be told me is that it is very expensive to rent. We would probably also need the adjacent arena also to fit all the mats for the event.

When I win the lottery I will build a wrestling only facility that can host NCAAs and every big event every year.

50 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

Yeah, coming from Evansville is not quite as awesome. I look forward to Y2 winning the lottery someday and building something a little more centrally located. 

What? I didn't say it would be centrally located...but when I do I'll make a bullet train from Evansville to Fort Wayne.

Greenwood (just south of Indy) is in the process of creating a multi-sports Fieldhouse.  I don’t know how the spec line-up with needs of team state, however it could worth looking into when they finish it up in a few years.  

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Did hear the name of the Field House is changing . Bankers Life naming rights have expired.  

Last I read they are currently keeping the Bankers Life name up until another deal is made.  I guess its less effort than taking take down signs and relabel stuff some generic title until another title is put up. 

Edited by MattM

23 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I can’t lie.... what we have now is awesome. The drive may suck for those from way south. I think it is worth the drive. Just my opinion. 

It is pretty worth it when you only live 30 minutes away from venue, but kinda sucks for everyone that drives 3 hours each year to get there 

52 minutes ago, Indychamp said:

It is pretty worth it when you only live 30 minutes away from venue, but kinda sucks for everyone that drives 3 hours each year to get there 

We are blessed to have the majority of major events here in central Indiana. So driving to Evansville or Fort Wayne does not bother me. It’s only fair. Again, just my opinion. 

Uindy has a great facility in the Nicoson Hall/Ruth Lily Fitness Center.

The Greyhounds annually host the Midwest Classic (30+ college teams).

Also another venue to consider is the New Castle HS • Chrysler Fieldhouse 

The 1985 IHSAA State Finals were held there due to weather issues. 

8 hours ago, raven150 said:

Uindy has a great facility in the Nicoson Hall/Ruth Lily Fitness Center.

The Greyhounds annually host the Midwest Classic (30+ college teams).

Also another venue to consider is the New Castle HS • Chrysler Fieldhouse 

The 1985 IHSAA State Finals were held there due to weather issues. 

New Castle doesn't have room for the 12 mats that are required.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see ISWA state moved to another venue.  As someone mentioned earlier, a large field house would be a perfect fit.  Noblesville has Finch Creek and Westfield has Grand Park, which is huge.  As far as IHSAA state, they can keep it at Banker's Life or whatever they call it these days.

I spoke to a Uindy administrator and they suggested their ARC facility. I’ve been to indoor track meets there and it’s an absolutely amazing venue. Also without a doubt they could accommodate 12 mats the ISWA requires as stated by Y2CJ41. 

8 hours ago, raven150 said:

I spoke to a Uindy administrator and they suggested their ARC facility. I’ve been to indoor track meets there and it’s an absolutely amazing venue. Also without a doubt they could accommodate 12 mats the ISWA requires as stated by Y2CJ41. 

There are 50 places in Indiana that can get down 12 mats. That the easy part. Then you have to have a place for a thousand people (or more) to watch, bathrooms, and food. That narrows it down to just a handful. Can UIndy puts all those mats down, and have enough space to sit everyone? You need a pretty massive seating area also. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.