Cheaney Schoeff 

Jaden Reynolds

Drake Campbell

Kysen Montgomery

Peyton Asbury

Blaze Garcia

Tyler Conley

Logan Boe

All kids that could place pretty high at state. 

A kid I like from down south is Macartney Parkinson. I think that he has a great shot of being a state champ.

Edited by Mattyb

3 hours ago, Mattyb said:

The County going to bring

Logan Miller

Cheaney Schoeff 

Jaden Reynolds

LJ Burdon 

Drake Campbell

Kysen Montgomery

Peyton Asbury

Blaze Garcia

Tyler Conley

Logan Boe

A kid I like from down south is Macartney Parkinson. I think that he has a great shot of being a state champ.

LJ Burdon did graduate this year 💯

12 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Rumor mill has started up......... I've been told No Matt Lee, can we get some confirmation from West Side of Crescent City?!?!?!?!?!

If true, would a Penn State commitment be in the near future?

5 hours ago, Thor said:

If true, would a Penn State commitment be in the near future?

Wouldn’t surprise me due to both big brothers are there. But then again, I don’t think he’s PSU caliber. 

38 minutes ago, IU89 said:

That’s a ridiculous statement. He’s National top 10 in his weight class with a huge upside.  Any top wrestling program would love to have him. 

I agree 100 percent. His upside is really high. Maybe he’s saying that penn state has been getting one of the top 3 in any  weight as recruits. With that said... I promise you if he goes the route that his brothers took, he will be able to wrestle with or beat anybody in his weight. Good luck to this kid (whatever he decides). 

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

I agree 100 percent. His upside is really high. Maybe he’s saying that penn state has been getting one of the top 3 in any  weight as recruits. With that said... I promise you if he goes the route that his brothers took, he will be able to wrestle with or beat anybody in his weight. Good luck to this kid (whatever he decides). 

Exactly. I’m not saying he isn’t any good. I’m just simply saying that PSU generally gets those fellas that are near the very top of their class, win National Tournaments. And I’m not saying that a top program wouldn’t want him, but once again PSU isn’t just a top program THEYRE THE PROGRAM when it comes to wrestling. I wish Matt the best as this is one of the nicest families one could ever want to meet. 

At this point it’s just speculation what the coming years plan is for Matt.  Sure it seems logical to speculate move to Happy Valley, but we haven’t heard anything official yet.  But let really look at what could occur if Matt does follow the same senior year path as his brothers.  

If Matt leaves his senior year for Happy Valley, he gets year of development at the Nittany Lion Wrestling.  That means he as access to top coaches, great practice partners, and the chance to compete in Open events.  All this while still getting finishing high school and be close to his family.  Best case scenario from that is PSU likes the development it sees and offers him some type of scholarship.  

But we all know not everything works out best case, and some seem to think a PSU scholarship may not be in the cards.  Well Matt still has options.  He could still choose to attend Penn State as a now in-state student and wrestle there as a walk-on.  Gets a great education, gets to be with his family, and still has a chance down the road to possibly get into the line-up.  Heck maybe even get a partial scholarship.  Or maybe he does ever get on the mat, could possibly even hang it up.  He still gets the education and still is with his family.  

Or maybe PSU doesn’t give him an offer but he shows enough development to get offers from other solid DI schools.   Ends up with a good education and gets on the mat at a good DI school.  

But again maybe we keep looking at “the glass half empty” result and he gets lost in the shuffle during this year and top college aren’t breaking the door down for him.  Well I’m guessing at least another Pennsylvania school would male him an offer based on his prior national showing, what I suspect is a good academic record, and the fact he’s now considered an in-state resident.  This would still allow him to wrestle and be close to the rest of his family.

If the NLWC was in the plans for this fall I’m sure the Lee family has consider all of these possible scenarios with Matt before deciding on anything.  And from the scenarios mentioned above I can’t see any of them being looked at as a bad outcome.  

But the NLWC route is  still an if, since we have not heard anything official yet.  This move could be all just speculation based previous family choice and we see him at EMD.  Can’t say that a bad move.  Or maybe he moves out to a Pennsylvania to be with family but goes to a Pennsylvania high school. Can’t say a year of Pennsylvania high school wrestling would be a bad thing. Or maybe he goes the route of attending a prep school someplace in Pennsylvania.  That could help with some good college offers while being close to the family.  Or heck maybe he goes prep to get in certain classes needed to attend a military academy, and eventually serve his country like his father.  None of these option seem to be a negative either.  

To make a long long set of scenarios short, the Lee family history seem to indicate they have made solid decision which given each boy a great opportunity at success. I don’t see that stopping with Matt.  I also hope, despite all the comparison,  Matt knows he’s is his own person and Indiana will be cheering him on regardless of what path path he chooses.  

Edited by MattM

On 7/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, TripleB said:

1. Brayden Littell

2. Matt Lee

3. Dorian Keys (Don't hate, HWT returning state champ!)

4. Raymond Rioux

5. Blake Boarman

6. Eli Dickens

7. Ben Dalton

8. KT Nelson

9. Alec Freeman

10. Gavin Alstott

I have Boarman at 3

• 2 weeks later...

Under rated sophomore Ashton Hayhurst of Castle will be one to keep an eye on.

....Rumor of a transfer floating around

Also, Boonville's Jordy Fulks is a monster that will probably upset some feelings.

I pick Logan Miller to win a State title at 106. The Kid is unbelievably dynamic. Very smart.

Dont blink.

Edited by Matthew Nelson

1 hour ago, Matthew Nelson said:

Under rated sophomore Ashton Hayhurst of Castle will be one to keep an eye on.

....Rumor of a transfer floating around

Also, Boonville's Jordy Fulks is a monster that will probably upset some feelings.

I pick Logan Miller to win a State title at 106. The Kid is unbelievably dynamic. Very smart.

Dont blink.

Where do these transfer rumors lead to?

21 minutes ago, Matthew Nelson said:

MD, official

Wow, hopefully some of those guys have grown, or else they have a pretty big log jam at the lower weights. And if they can fit them all in and Matt Lee comes back, then Mater Dei should be front runners for the team title next year. 

On 7/23/2019 at 5:38 PM, Mattyb said:

The County going to bring

Logan Miller

Cheaney Schoeff 

Jaden Reynolds

Drake Campbell

Kysen Montgomery

Peyton Asbury

Blaze Garcia

Tyler Conley

Logan Boe

When Mattyb says he runs the county and doesn’t know who’s even in it

1 hour ago, Indychamp said:

Just as a past state champ I can say I was never was worried about anyone in the “county”

Sure you are!!! lol

So a "past state champ" made a profile (and wont say who he is) just to come bust chops? And you are not even good at anonymous trash talk! Im sure your on a bar stool with Al Bundy talking about his glory day at Polk High too! Troll elsewhere buddy.

If you doubt our wresting here.... @TeamGarcia will hit you with the stats.

If you want to learn on how to troll like a man then hit up @1prouddad. Now he is an anonymous dude that brings it and is respected. 

Just a little advice for you kiddo. 

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.