Opinions on head coaching openings

With a lot of pretty big schools having head coaches retire or move on, what is everyone’s opinion on the most interesting opening of the summer? And who do you think takes the job at that school. I think franklin is a pretty big opening with very large shoes to fill. 

What are your guys opinions?

I would go with Plainfield. They have a handful of VERY solid middle school kids coming up and some solid returners. With the resources in this area, one could expect state placers coming out of this school each and every year. Smiley is the man. Sucks that he left. Seems like the school needs to make wrestling more of a priority and make sure the new coach has resources and a solid teaching position. A sleeping giant there. Just needs the AD to step up and make it happen. 

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I would go with Plainfield. They have a handful of VERY solid middle school kids coming up and some solid returners. With the resources in this area, one could expect state placers coming out of this school each and every year. Smiley is the man. Sucks that he left. Seems like the school needs to make wrestling more of a priority and make sure the new coach has resources and a solid teaching position. A sleeping giant there. Just needs the AD to step up and make it happen. 

I totally agree with that. I’m sure losing the scheoff boys is a tough one for them but there are plenty of other very talented kids in that program! Coach smiley is a great guy to run a program. With franklin opening up a PE job and a head wrestling opening makes me wonder if he applied for the job there

23 minutes ago, Indianawrestler145 said:

I totally agree with that. I’m sure losing the scheoff boys is a tough one for them but there are plenty of other very talented kids in that program! Coach smiley is a great guy to run a program. With franklin opening up a PE job and a head wrestling opening makes me wonder if he applied for the job there

Wait, where did Schoeff end up?

Edited by Thor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.