Disney Duals

nkraus

Figure this can be a place to keep up on Disney Duals...I'll talk about my team and hopefully other coaches chime in on how they're doing as well

Garrett Wrestling Club entered Community 1 and we are currently 2-1.  We lost to Oregon Clay(Ohio), but defeated Adams City (Colorado) and St. Lucie PAL (Florida)

Colton Weimer, Kolin Cope, and Clayton Fielden are all 3-0 thus far. Also, Wayne Wells is 3-0 as an "extra."  So far this has been a fun experience and our younger kids are making mistakes and getting better.  I really wish some of our older kids would've taken advantage of this opportunity.  

TheCounty doing TheCounty things. Brownsburg and Dead Mouse Mafia both 3-0 and favored to win their pools. 

Also.. coach Curry also has some xtra Dead Pool Mickey (our logo) gear that he would sale. It is really slick gear. If anybody is interested come see him. We will be at the venue around 4ish. 

Good showing by Indiana! 

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

TheCounty doing TheCounty things. Brownsburg and Dead Mouse Mafia both 3-0 and favored to win their pools. 

Also.. coach Curry also has some xtra Dead Pool Mickey (our logo) gear that he would sale. It is really slick gear. If anybody is interested come see him. We will be at the venue around 4ish. 

Good showing by Indiana! 

Dead mouse is stackedddd. My pick to win the whole thing 

Alright after day 2 Garrett Wrestling Club improves to 4-1 in our pool.   Two more matches tomorrow.  I believe if we win one we make the gold pool, which I’m pretty proud of with us not being a big school.

Clayton Fielden, Kolin Cope, and Wayne Wells remain undefeated.  Colton Weimer was pinned, but the kid who pinned him got beat by the kid Colton beat first round.  (Throw gone wrong on the pin 😑)

Congrats to our Indiana Outlaws for getting 4th out of 60 teams and winning the copper trophy. Led predominately by Cathedral Irish wrestlers, the Outlaws had 2 undefeated Gold All-Americans in Jordan Slivka and Center Grove’s Breyden Littell. Silver All-Americans with one loss were Zeke Seltzer and Alex Mosconi. Roncalli’s Alec Viduya becomes Copper All-American. Congrats to all Indiana teams and wrestlers. It looks like this great state had number of teams that were very competitive. 

Indiana Mat gorilla Gold Ended up 8th in the gold All Star pool and had to battle through many injuries and forfeits... They had 5 guys recieve all American medals for at least going 7-3 and or better..Graham Calhoun,Trizton Carson,Breyden Lowery,Adam ledesma and Brayden Erb all defeated many state champions and state placers to lead their team in a stacked All star Division..Carson Took down Darrien Roberts..Robert will be attending Ok State triz was giving him all he wanted the first 2 periods where it was tied up until the 3rd...but Robert's ended up getting multiple takedowns and winning handily by major decision..I'm very proud of this group's effort and also the Outlaws for getting to the semi finals of a loaded All star division.. indiana def represented!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Avon and Brownsburg to the quarters. To be honest... Avon got a very tough draw. Wrestling heavy favorites Highland Prep next. Brownsburg has the winner of PA state champs (Reynolds High) or Warren. Going to get tough now! 

Warren bout to win too... I think.

Edited by Mattyb

15 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Looks like BB advances and Dead Mouse got caught in a trap

Bro... that was brrruuuutttallll. The scary thing is that they highland prep were missing a couple studs. They are pretty good! 

The Burg is going to finish top 4. I think dead mouse and Warren will end up battling for 5th. 

Btw... our 182 keeps getting forfeits! 

Also.... there is a brotherhood feel with all the Indiana teams down here. Pretty awesome community we have! 

15 minutes ago, Darrick Snyder said:

Florida team that beat Avon is Lake Highland Prep.  #6 team in country.  Not just a normal Florida team.  We have watched them.  Impressive.  

That wasn’t just Florida, they have Ohio and Georgia kids as well. 

Congrats to Brownsburg for making the Semis.  Good luck the rest of the way.

We had a great dual with back to back State Champs From Reynolds PA.  #46 in the country.  Came down to the last match and got it done.  They even had three place winners from other teams in PA.

Warrior Elite Gld defeated RHINO Grey 30-24

• 106 - Kane Kettering (RHINO Grey) over Kyrel Leavell (Warrior Elite Gld) Fall 5:54
  • 113 - Carleton Perry (Warrior Elite Gld) over Cole Bayless (RHINO Grey) SV-1 2-0.  (State qualifier PA)
  • 120 - David Pierson (Warrior Elite Gld) over Beau Bayless (RHINO Grey) Dec 7-5. (4 time state place winner, champ, #11 in country)
  • 126 - Christopher Stewart (Warrior Elite Gld) over Adam Wilcox (RHINO Grey) Dec 7-6.  
  • 132 - Jeivan Ross (Warrior Elite Gld) over Dreyvin Livingston (RHINO Grey) Fall 1:27
  • 138 - Aundre` Beatty (Warrior Elite Gld) over Kaeden Berger (RHINO Grey) Dec 9-5. (State place winner)
  • 145 - Paniro Johnson (RHINO Grey) over Jajuan Anderson (Warrior Elite Gld) Dec 6-5
  • 152 - Brice Coleman (Warrior Elite Gld) over Kenneth Kiser (RHINO Grey) Dec 6-5. (State runner up)
  • 160 - Damon McClain (Warrior Elite Gld) over Landon Caldwell (RHINO Grey) Dec 11-4
  • 170 - Cole Toy (RHINO Grey) over Deyonte Allen (Warrior Elite Gld) Fall 3:01
  • 182 - Bryce Mccloskey (RHINO Grey) over Keon Sullivan (Warrior Elite Gld) Maj 9-0
  • 195 - David Craig (Warrior Elite Gld) over Braydon Herbster (RHINO Grey) Dec 8-5
  • 220 - Wyatt Owen (RHINO Grey) over Carlos Mitchell (Warrior Elite Gld) Fall 2:33
  • 285 - Alexander Hernandez (Warrior Elite Gld) over Derek Skeehan (RHINO Grey) SV-1 4-2(state place winner)
  • RHINO Grey's team score was adjusted by -1.0 for unsportsmanlike 152

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Bro... that was brrruuuutttallll. The scary thing is that they highland prep were missing a couple studs. They are pretty good! 

The Burg is going to finish top 4. I think dead mouse and Warren will end up battling for 5th. 

Btw... our 182 keeps getting forfeits! 

Also.... there is a brotherhood feel with all the Indiana teams down here. Pretty awesome community we have! 

Yeah I seen that. Their biggest stud Nic didn’t travel with them I guess and they were also missing a few of their other guys that led them to state title. It looks like several of their guys were jv according to Track. 

All I wanna know is, did Carson bring the PBJ’s. 

IndianaMat Silver didn't do as well as the boys would have liked in the All Star Division but they did have four young men receive All American honors: Giovanni Diaz (120), Hunter Cottingham (132), David Page (145), and Chase Leeper (285).  

Thanks IndianaMat for the opportunity to wrestle and a special thanks to the coaches that dedicated their time to the boys!

Terre Haute  South has 2 groups down here.  South Red is currently 6-2 in community 1.  Made it to the semi finals tomorrow morning in the silver bracket.    Total of  7 wrestlers still battling for All American.    Rohrbach is 6-2 Otte 5-3 Hamm 6-2 Howell 8-0 Haire 7-1. 

Black team has  Williams 7-0  Recknor 5-2 

Indiana cornbrawlers have definitely took their lumps as a team, but we have learned so much and have a had great time together. Been a great experience in our first time down. Multiple guys still have a chance for all- American honors including: Elijah Anthony, Harper Dedman, Aidan Hardcastle, Jett Thompson, Fred Durben and Logan Swallow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.