Tucker Schank of Southridge

navy80

Tucker competed will play in the Indiana baseball state finals this week. This put him as competing at the state finals in three sports. T

WRESTLING: Tucker went 45-8 as a sophomore and was a qualifier. As a Junior Tucker went 43-3 and was a qualifier. His Senior year he had several injuries from football and lost in the ticket round and finished 34-6.

FOOTBALL: As a Junior, Tucker led the football team to a state title finishing 13-2 by beating Woodlan 15-14 at Lucas Oil. Tucker finished rushing for 1,300 yards and 26 touchdowns and 2,157 all purpose yards. He was a two way starter and racked up 50 tackles. (His Senior year they lost at semi state.)

BASEBALL: Southridge comes in at 22-8 and will face Alexandria Monroe 28-6. Tucker is the leadoff hitter with a .402 batting average. 45 hits (leads team), 35 runs (leads team), 21 RBI's, 2 home runs.  Last year, as a junior, Tucker played on Southridge's baseball team who finished 25-7 and lost in the state finals to Boone Grove 4 to 5. Tucker finished the game 2 for 4 with one run and two hits.

He will go down in Southridge high school sports history as one of, if not the greatest athlete. Who else has accomplished this? If it wasn't for Western Boone's Shellacking of Southridge at semi state Tucker would have made it to state two times in three different sports.  

Mason Parris qualified for state in wrestling, I think he did well there. He also qualified for state in track in the hurdles and shot put He also was a part of a state runner-up football team.

Also of note to toot a little Carroll horn, Scottie Saylor who qualified for state this year was 3 strokes from qualifying for state in golf individually. I'd be interested to hear if any wrestlers have qualified for golf and wrestling state finals before. 

t. coatie Perry/New castle 2002

wrestling he PLACED 7th..beating the state champion (Danny williams and conkling) and runner up these year

Cross country SQ

track SQ

and didn't start wrestling til 9th grade and running until 10th iirc.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:39 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

Mason Parris qualified for state in wrestling, I think he did well there. He also qualified for state in track in the hurdles and shot put He also was a part of a state runner-up football team.

Also of note to toot a little Carroll horn, Scottie Saylor who qualified for state this year was 3 strokes from qualifying for state in golf individually. I'd be interested to hear if any wrestlers have qualified for golf and wrestling state finals before. 

I’m pretty sure Micah Calhoun from Plymouth qualified for state in both golf and wrestling.

Edited by wnwrestler138

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.