Advancement numbers and years

rookie78

I need some help.  I have been through all of the IHSAA yearbooks online, brackets, etc. and collecting individual state tournament info for our school to add to our individual wrestling records.  I am struggling finding some of the advancement numbers out of sectional, regional, and semi-state (basically from the mid 70's through late 90's).  I pretty much have all of our place winners and qualifiers from sectional through state figured out and put in spreadsheets, but I want to fact-check myself and make sure I have the qualifiers in the right spot.  I know we have been on 4's for quite a while but need help on the following:

1.  What year did Sectionals start advancing more than the top 2 to regional? ('71-72 yearbook had it that way, but when did it change?  The '71-72 yearbook was the latest one that had any advancement criteria in it, that I noticed)

2.  What year did Regionals start taking more than just the champ to State?

3.  Did Semi-State ever advance just 1, or just 2?  If so, what years.  What year did Semi-State start advancing 3?

If you have any other info that I may be missing, please share.

Thanks,

Brett Smith

Prairie Heights Wrestling

My copy of Ready, Wrestle, Dave Holman’s history of Indiana Wrestling, is currently out on loan or I’d be able to answer all the questions.  Y2J should be able to find the info in his copy if he has some time.   I feel like he may have even wrote up a summery of some of this information in a previous Indianamat article. 

Edited by MattM

39 minutes ago, MattM said:

My copy of Ready, Wrestle, Dave Holman’s history of Indiana Wrestling, is currently out on loan or I’d be able to answer all the questions.  Y2J should be able to find the info in his copy if he has some time.   I feel like he may have even wrote up a summery of some of this information in a previous Indianamat article. 

If it becomes available, I am definitely interested.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.