Jesse Mendez

8 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Let’s just hope we keep him in state for his last 3 years...

Crown Point is an awesome place and they got a good thing going with great coaches. I really don’t see him leaving that situation. I could be wrong, but don’t see it. 

I would like to see him go to the OTC for a year after high school for a grey shirt year. That would be awesome! Sky’s the limit for this kid. 

7 hours ago, smitty11 said:

Will be interesting to see how big he gets and what weight he will be it senior year into college.  He is fun to watch wrestle

My current guess would be 149 or 157. Would be nice to see him back Sammy Sasso for a year and then plug in right after him....

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Leftenant Luers said:

Uh.......He will be in Crimson and Cream...Angel can't drop the ball on this one. I'm speaking it into fruition!

Indiana is definitely on the rise and that would be a wonderful snatch for Angel.

But Mendez is already ranked #2 in the nation at his weight class heading into his sophomore year. Every college coach is gonna be licking their chops at the opportunity of landing him.

17 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Indiana is definitely on the rise and that would be a wonderful snatch for Angel.

But Mendez is already ranked #2 in the nation at his weight class heading into his sophomore year. Every college coach is gonna be licking their chops at the opportunity of landing him.

This is so true. Also... does anybody know what he would like to study? Knowing his family, I can almost guarantee that his academics will play a huge part in his decision. I’m not sure about his grades but I can almost promise you that his dad and mom don’t play! I bet you he picks a school that has excellence in his academic interests. He’s a kid that gets it and can have a great conversation at a young age. I think many times (as wrestling people) we over look that. Super impressive. 

3 hours ago, Mattyb said:

This is so true. Also... does anybody know what he would like to study? Knowing his family, I can almost guarantee that his academics will play a huge part in his decision. I’m not sure about his grades but I can almost promise you that his dad and mom don’t play! I bet you he picks a school that has excellence in his academic interests. He’s a kid that gets it and can have a great conversation at a young age. I think many times (as wrestling people) we over look that. Super impressive. 

He should come to ASU. Especially if he has interests in engineering (partnerships with Boeing, Honeywell, and Intel) and business- specifically supply chain management and finance. Some of the better programs in the nation. Also, the wrestling program is on the rise. I'm not biased or anything...

On 6/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, Leftenant Luers said:

Uh.......He will be in Crimson and Cream...Angel can't drop the ball on this one. I'm speaking it into fruition!

Please lord! Man that be huge for our program, could start a domino effect and land all the in state guys!

On 6/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, B. Alan said:

Really hoping he ends up being a Hawk.

If you are an Indiana native and saying that , I don’t know what to say... IU !!!

Edited by Jayruss

11 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

I seriously doubt someone of his caliber ends up at either of these programs. 

I just have my fingers crossed his biggest priorities are engineering and proximity to home. And hopefully Purdue has some success in the next few years and gets an enticing coach.  Unfortunately, that very specific scenario is not likely to happen 

• 3 weeks later...

IU is on the upswing. Angel is a better coach, mentor, motivator, leader, etc. than Goldman ever was so it's trending in the right direction. Mendez could do things at IU that have never been done; the same can't be said for Iowa. Hopefully he sees that as a selling point, but I'll be a fan wherever he goes...in three years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.