The best community in the state

As many of you know, my hometown of Pendleton was hit by a tornado this week. In spite of the tremendous damage there were no fatalities and only one injury which was, thankfully, not life threatening. While I love my hometown, the community I am referring to in the title is the Indiana Wrestling community. I have received numerous calls from wrestling coaches checking on my family's welfare and offering assistance. Coach Duncan and some of his Frankton Eagle wrestlers came down to help in the cleanup this week. I am profoundly grateful to have as rivals such friends who took the time to reach out. Our town will recover and be better than before, albeit without as many trees. The wrestling community will always be a source of strength and pride for me, like it is for all of you. Thank you all for your caring and concern. Local charities are accepting donations but if you are of a mind to contribute may I humbly recommend the Red Cross in your community. They were on the scene almost immediately after the storm and set up a relief center at the high school. I encountered another Red Cross team today during my visit to a site where some of our wrestlers will be working tomorrow to assist a local wrestling family. The RC volunteers assured me they would be in town until they help everyone get back on their feet. 

On 5/30/2019 at 10:26 PM, davecloud said:

As many of you know, my hometown of Pendleton was hit by a tornado this week. In spite of the tremendous damage there were no fatalities and only one injury which was, thankfully, not life threatening. While I love my hometown, the community I am referring to in the title is the Indiana Wrestling community. I have received numerous calls from wrestling coaches checking on my family's welfare and offering assistance. Coach Duncan and some of his Frankton Eagle wrestlers came down to help in the cleanup this week. I am profoundly grateful to have as rivals such friends who took the time to reach out. Our town will recover and be better than before, albeit without as many trees. The wrestling community will always be a source of strength and pride for me, like it is for all of you. Thank you all for your caring and concern. Local charities are accepting donations but if you are of a mind to contribute may I humbly recommend the Red Cross in your community. They were on the scene almost immediately after the storm and set up a relief center at the high school. I encountered another Red Cross team today during my visit to a site where some of our wrestlers will be working tomorrow to assist a local wrestling family. The RC volunteers assured me they would be in town until they help everyone get back on their feet. 

I was in town cutting trees off power lines!  man it was a MESS but quickly everybody pulled together and got it functioning again... just glad everybody is ok

On 6/6/2019 at 8:32 PM, davecloud said:

FCFighter 170--So many people worked so hard to get streets cleared and power back on. It was truly amazing to see the speed with which the clean up proceeded. Thanks for your help!

Dave

yes it was a huge effort among many ppl! I'd do it again tomorrow if need be and I know it could easily be my own community that needs help so i'm always there! poor falls park took a beating but it'll be rebuilt soon enough. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.