Matside video replay?

jay_flo78

So my son wrestled in Jeffersonville this weekend.  During the final match of his freestyle bracket, I was under the assumption that he was losing.  At the end of the match there was a scoring question that the other coach brought up.  The ref explained why he awarded points the way he did, which actually put my son as the winner and later raised his hand.  There was an uproar from the other side and the ref was starting to kick people out.  My son walked off the mat and we started getting undressed.  I looked over at the mat and saw someone apparently showing a replay of the match on their phone.  The ref called my son over to wrestle again at the point where he called the match.  I asked what was going on and the ref said he was wrong and didn’t score correctly.  My question to him was, when was video replay allowed Matside and why he was allowing external influence to decide the match   He didn’t give an answer only that he was wrong   

I’m not upset at the loss and neither is my sone, just concerned about the precedent that this ref started.  I spoke with the “tournament director” about it afterwards and he didn’t agree with it, but did nothing about it when it occurred.  I also heard that these refs (KYrefs) will be at freestyle state, which concerns me. 

This happened to my son last year at a freestyle qualifier.  He lost then the coach for the other kid said they made a scoring mistake and actually told the front table that my son had won.  They awarded my son the win, then the dad from the other kid was showing a video his wife took.  Then they took the win away and gave the other kid the win.  I am with you, don't care about the win, but i was told that all ISWA events cant have any video replay to make a decision.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.