Scholastic Duals

Mattyb

Prior qualification is required to participate in the Freestyle State Finals- Indiana tournaments only!

A minimum of 2 Local level Freestyle tournaments in order to compete at the State event. 

The ISWA has amended it's Freestyle State Qualification Policy for this 2019 season to allow for just one of the two ISWA sanctioned freestyle tournament pre-requisites to be substituted with one of the following national tournaments for CADETS & JUNIORS:

·       NHSCA High School Nationals

·       USAW Folkstyle National Championships

·       FloNationals

·       NWCA National Scholastic Duals

·       Heartland USA National Duals (waiver for Cadets only)

·       The Dream Team Classic

·       UWW Junior National Championships

While the ISWA is still working to provide support member clubs hosting sorely needed Freestyle (and Greco) competitions,  we are making this adjustment in an effort to support our more ambitious athletes as they seek out higher levels of competition during this time period where many national competitions are scheduled.  (NOTE: there is only a 2-meet pre-req for Freestlyle State, not Greco State.)

I'm glad they made the change this year.  I know they want to push local tournaments but they may need to reconsider FloNationals in the future as it has transitioned to a Freestyle and Greco event this year.  It should probably be considered to fill the other freestyle requirements.  

Obviously not this year but might be something to think about in the future.

46 minutes ago, bsisson said:

I'm glad they made the change this year.  I know they want to push local tournaments but they may need to reconsider FloNationals in the future as it has transitioned to a Freestyle and Greco event this year.  It should probably be considered to fill the other freestyle requirements.  

Obviously not this year but might be something to think about in the future.

23 hours ago, loggcabin11 said:

Prior qualification is required to participate in the Freestyle State Finals- Indiana tournaments only!

A minimum of 2 Local level Freestyle tournaments in order to compete at the State event. 

The ISWA has amended it's Freestyle State Qualification Policy for this 2019 season to allow for just one of the two ISWA sanctioned freestyle tournament pre-requisites to be substituted with one of the following national tournaments for CADETS & JUNIORS:

·       NHSCA High School Nationals

·       USAW Folkstyle National Championships

·       FloNationals

·       NWCA National Scholastic Duals

·       Heartland USA National Duals (waiver for Cadets only)

·       The Dream Team Classic

·       UWW Junior National Championships

While the ISWA is still working to provide support member clubs hosting sorely needed Freestyle (and Greco) competitions,  we are making this adjustment in an effort to support our more ambitious athletes as they seek out higher levels of competition during this time period where many national competitions are scheduled.  (NOTE: there is only a 2-meet pre-req for Freestlyle State, not Greco State.)

Uhhhh...it is considered an alternate event for ISWA

49 minutes ago, trackgopher said:

Uhhhh...it is considered an alternate event for ISWA

I understand that.  What I am getting at is that ALL of those other events are Folkstyle events and fill a required match.

What I am suggesting is that since Flo is now a freestyle event that it would fulfill the other required meet.  This would mean that a top level kid (Would probably be a handful of kids) could compete in Flo and another one of those national folkstyle events and never wrestle a local event.

Again I understand the ISWA's reasoning and simply suggested it as something to think about.

1 hour ago, bsisson said:

I understand that.  What I am getting at is that ALL of those other events are Folkstyle events and fill a required match.

What I am suggesting is that since Flo is now a freestyle event that it would fulfill the other required meet.  This would mean that a top level kid (Would probably be a handful of kids) could compete in Flo and another one of those national folkstyle events and never wrestle a local event.

Again I understand the ISWA's reasoning and simply suggested it as something to think about.

Simple fix. Go to a board meeting or have your club rep go to a board meeting. Once there you can make a motion to include Flo Nationals as a qualifier. Easy. 

So many people get on here and say... “I don’t understand why the ISWA does or does not do this or that?” Bottom line, we all have the opprutunity to attend meetings and share our opinions and concerns. If a person is not proactive and doesn’t take action, more than likely, no changes will be made.

Personally, I had a ton of ideas and concerns a decade ago. I wanted to see an elementary national folkstyle team. Not only did the ISWA listen, they created a board position for me and told me to have it. Now we have an elementary heartland duals team and the middle schoolers have followed that path. We also created the elementary state duals. This has resulted in the whole elevated elementary dual scene.

Bottom line is.... speak up to the proper people and (if need be) volunteer to help put your ideas in motion. I promise you..... if it’s done the right way. You will get results. 

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

So many people get on here and say... “I don’t understand why the ISWA does or does not do this or that?” Bottom line, we all have the opprutunity to attend meetings and share our opinions and concerns. If a person is not proactive and doesn’t take action, more than likely, no changes will be made

2 hours ago, bsisson said:

As I stated in my previous two posts I understand and appreciate what the ISWA does.

There was 100% zero ill will intended and there was no reason to get defensive. I was more of just bringing it up as a talking point, since Flo made the change this year.  

I'll go back into my hermit shell and not post until Oct or Nov next year!

42 minutes ago, bsisson said:

As I stated in my previous two posts I understand and appreciate what the ISWA does.

There was 100% zero ill will intended and there was no reason to get defensive. I was more of just bringing it up as a talking point, since Flo made the change this year.  

I'll go back into my hermit shell and not post until Oct or Nov next year!

No need to disappear. Please don’t take it that way. Just saying... if you feel a certain way about a situation, there are things that you can do. I’m no longer a board member at the ISWA. I was just pointing out the fact that they are responsive to most concerns if it is brought to them in a proper manner. That’s it. 

Your point is a VERY valid point. From a guy that supports your point.... I encourage you to help make it happen. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, TripleB said:

Man @Mattyb got triggggggerrreddd...lol....I always have great ideas and @JMILL tells me to buzz off and save my breath..

TripleB_eginners State is still a doozy....I might do that on my own....

This is another example of the need for the "Dis-like" button......... think about it is all I am saying ???

Truth time...... I listen to all of @TripleB suggestions, the problem is only half are worth anything once I get thru his massive amounts of B.S. (LOL....I kid !!!!)  

He has many good ideas, but they can not possibly all be put into place over night.  Now He is onto something with his idea of a beginners ISWA State Tournament and I am hoping to help push that to happening !!!!  We need to get Pat Culp on board as she is clearly the guru to help see this happen.

Some of those other ideas that he had out in Heartland I can't even mention on this forum for fear of getting banned, but he occasionally hits an idea for a double or "triple" (pun intended).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.