NCAA Tournament Observations

OK, I was on a mini Spring Break vacation & just finished watching the tourney last night (thank goodness for DVR's).

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, Micic (3rd @ 133) and Lee & Red (5th & 8th @ 141 same as 2018) were the only Indiana wrestlers to obtain AA status. JMO but Micic did not appear to be 100%. That is a shame as I believe he would have won if 100% healthy.

BIG10 dominance was is full effect. 6 of 10 Champs, 3 all-BIG10 finals (149, 157 & 197), & only one final without a BIG10 participant (184).

Speaking of 184, how about some love for Drew Foster! Never wins a state title in HS & wins a NCAA title in college as a senior - NICE. Not sure what this says for being a multi-sport athlete in HS. Did it keep him from winning an individual wrestling title? I'm still very much is favor of kids being multi-sport athletes but is that just the old-school in me & because that is just what we did back in the day?

Lastly, some love for Mekhi Lewis 'The BIG10 Slayer'. He beat Marinelli, Wick & Joseph in successive matches to win the 165 title. Awesome freshman, if he stays healthy he will be tough to beat for the next 3 years.