NCAA Championships - Day 2 (Friday)

14 minutes ago, MattM said:

Couldn’t get out from bottom and never really got off his neutral offense.  Suriano defintiely won that one, but sucks for Micic who won’t get another finals shot. He still had a promising international career.  

Micic still has one more shot. Hope he can get healthy 

As a diehard Ohio State fan, I really want Joey to win a national championship before he graduated, but also pretty bummed that it(if he even does win) it had to come at the expense of Nick. Wish they could both be national champions. 

That said, I wouldn’t count on Nick graduating without winning one.

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

Micic still has one more shot. Hope he can get healthy 

Holy heck I though it was his redshirt senior year.  Forgot he got the free transfer.  Thanks for the reminder.  He likely takes a Olympic year so after tomorrow we likely won’t see him in the Maze and Blue for awhile.  

Edited by MattM

Parris on Mat 5 vs. Matt Stencel.  Down 2-1 in the first.  Check that, Stencel locks up a cradle and gets the fall.  Mason falls in the blood round and just short of being an All-American.

Note, Ben Harvey lost 11-2 to Devin Skatzka falling one match short as well.

Sucks losing Harvey, Lydy and Parris all within 5 minutes

Edited by SWINfan

2 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Parris on Mat 5 vs. Matt Stencel.  Down 2-1 in the first.  Check that, Stencel locks up a cradle and gets the fall.  Mason falls in the blood round and just short of being an All-American.

Impressive first year for Parris bring down some weight and experience to most of his competitors.  Wish he would have keep the redshirt on but Michigan wanted a shot at top 3.  Hopefully he goes on the Cassar plan and puts on about 15lbs of mostly muscle over next year and starts feeling out the nuances of wrestling college HWT. 

8 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Note, Ben Harvey lost 11-2 to Devin Skatzka falling one match short as well.

Sucks losing Harvey, Lydy and Parris all within 5 minutes

So does that mean Stoll gets the last “FU”

Edited by 1prouddad

M. Lewis is likely the breakout name of this years NCAA’s.   Makes the finals as a freshman while beating Marinelli and Wick along the way.  Can’t say too many people knew him as a contender before this weekend.  

Edited by MattM

I know it’s not Indiana related, but how about the VT freshman Lewis. First takes out the Bull then follows up by taking out a tough Wick. He’s gonna give Joseph fits in the finals. He’s quick, has great hips and makes good decisions. 

I give up on Purdue Wrestling. Lydy was tough, but he could’ve worked a little hard to keep him down at the end. Brunner looked like he had money on the other guy, looked like complete crap. I have seen an AA from Purdue since I’ve starting following wrestling. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I give up on Purdue Wrestling. Lydy was tough, but he could’ve worked a little hard to keep him down at the end. Brunner looked like he had money on the other guy, looked like complete crap. I have seen an AA from Purdue since I’ve starting following wrestling. 

Not a great finish for Purdue.  Good news is those two both have one more season to redeem themselves and get to a AA spot.  For the Boilers sake I hope they do.  

6 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Did dude just ask Hall “what kinda bed are you?” Really? Time for a new sideline reporter. Gotta think Billy Baldwin could ask a better question than that for Godsake.

Kills Bee’s! Going straight WuTang Clan on that one.  The Swarm.  :)

Edited by MattM