NCAA Championships - Day 1

Any ideas on how to watch? I clicked on the track video earlier today and had no issues watching. Now it wants me to sign in and watch it... but I don't have cable or any of the providers.

5 minutes ago, maligned said:

Micic with a dominant win over Thornton of Purdue, 11-2. Lee gets the fall in the 2nd. Red loses 7-3 to Yianni D.

Trying to watch so many matches at once is crazy.  What did Red get penalized for at the end?  It said illegal move as they were going off that screen to full screen Desanto/RBY.  Nick Lee the pinning machine!  Completely missed Micic.

Max Murin beat Carr as well setting up Nick nicely for a semifinal rematch against Joey McKenna (who destroyed Kaid Brock).  Murin put up a fight against Lee when they met at the BTT, but Nick controlled the match.

Edited by SWINfan

Nolf and Cenzo do their thing for Penn St.  The Nittany Lions lost at 133 RBY (Desanto) and 149 Berge (Kolodzik) as seeded.  

Iowa so far is udefeated going 9-0 in the morning session and 6-0 so far in the evening session.

Logan Massa of Michigan lost a 2-1 decision.

Now Shakur Rasheed from Penn State!  Rasheed got caught in a scramble and gave up a danger takedown and couldn't scramble his way out and ended up giving up 4 backs late in the 3rd.  Chip Ness of UNC wins 8-6

This just in.... Bo Nickal treats NCAA Qualifiers like rag dolls...  Another fall, like clockwork.

Edited by SWINfan

19 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Nolf and Cenzo do their thing for Penn St.  The Nittany Lions lost at 133 RBY (Desanto) and 149 Berge (Kolodzik) as seeded.  

Iowa so far is udefeated going 9-0 in the morning session and 6-0 so far in the evening session.

Logan Massa of Michigan lost a 2-1 decision.

Now Shakur Rasheed from Penn State!  Rasheed got caught in a scramble and gave up a danger takedown and couldn't scramble his way out and ended up giving up 4 backs late in the 3rd.  Chip Ness of UNC wins 8-6

This just in.... Bo Nickal treats NCAA Qualifiers like rag dolls...  Another fall, like clockwork.

While It’s fun to watch some Indiana guys wrestle, Nickal and Nolf are just untouchable. 

And tou jinx Iowa as Warner falls

Edited by 1prouddad

56 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Trying to watch so many matches at once is crazy.  What did Red get penalized for at the end?  It said illegal move as they were going off that screen to full screen Desanto/RBY.  Nick Lee the pinning machine!  Completely missed Micic.

Max Murin beat Carr as well setting up Nick nicely for a semifinal rematch against Joey McKenna (who destroyed Kaid Brock).  Murin put up a fight against Lee when they met at the BTT, but Nick controlled the match.

Illegal head lock. He tried to do a flip over the top with the head locked. Desperation move at the end to try and pull it out. 

6 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Illegal head lock. He tried to do a flip over the top with the head locked. Desperation move at the end to try and pull it out. 

Thanks.  My head was on a swivel trying to watch too much at once.

3 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Thanks.  My head was on a swivel trying to watch too much at once.

My pleasure. He used that move in a match near the end of the year (I forget who it was against) for a pin (I think), but that time he went over the side. This time he tried going over the head. 

57 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

While It’s fun to watch some Indiana guys wrestle, Nickal and Nolf are just untouchable. 

And tou jinx Iowa as Warner falls

Wilke too! 

Penn State has 7 of 9 remaining in the Championship bracket, Penn State 9.  Yet, PSU is ahead by 8.5 points. over Iowa.  Ohio State only has 5 of their 10 wrestlers still in the Championship round and as of right now they are 1 point ahead of Iowa trailing PSU by 7.5 pts.  Bonus City!

Someone on TV or one of the streams said that after the first round, PSU's bonus points only would have been good enough for 6th Place.

Edited by SWINfan