NCAA Championships - Day 1

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

You on a computer or the App on your phone?  

If you are on your computer, pull up Track Wrestling and on the dashboard, click on the video camera icon on each match and it will take you right to ESPN's stream.  You'll have to log in but once you do, you can do the same for all mats.  Right now, I have 5 of the 8 mats on different tabs on my laptops. 

Thanks, must be something on my end as it keeps redirecting me to espn.com and not pulling up the live stream.

3 minutes ago, sslaymon said:

Thanks, must be something on my end as it keeps redirecting me to espn.com and not pulling up the live stream.

try just going direct to watchespn.com.  Make sure you are logged in...   

@141 Nick Lee will face Sa'Derian Perry of Old Dominion. Perry was at Eastern Michigan last year and had a nice run to finish 8th and earn All-American status.  Iowa's Max Murin upsets Tristan Moran from Wisconsin 3-2, in a matchup of possible Nick Lee quarterfinal opponents.  Lee will likely face Illinois' Michael Carr in the Quarters unless Murin can pull another upset.

@141 Chad Red as the 16-seed will face Cornell's #1 ranked and 1-seed Yianni Diakomihalis.  

@125 Drew Hildebrandt will face 4-seed and former NCAA Finalist Ronnie Bresser.

Damn, I completely missed McCormick's win.  That's a fall over a top 10 seed (9).  Great win!  He'll have a tough challenge against Mehki Lewis the 8-seed from VA Tech.  Hes' 24-2 and a definite dark horse in a tough weight class.  

1 minute ago, maligned said:

Forgot Covaciu already wrestled in the pigtail

Covaciu is up in match #177, so he should still have a bit of a break.  Losing a pigtail match is killer.  

Drew Hughes on deck on Mat 5 as well.

It didn't cost him the win, but OK State's Jacobe Smith didn't scout well and chooses down against Hughes in the 2nd period.  Hughes rides him the whole 2nd period then chose top in the 3rd.  Hughes got 2 back points and riding time to take the match to sudden victory.  As proven in the first period where Smith took the 4-1 lead, he gets the takedown in SV to get the 6-4 win.  

Hughes could be dangerous if he could make big improvements from his feet by next year.  He can't win at a high level being strong only on top.

13 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

It didn't cost him the win, but OK State's Jacobe Smith didn't scout well and chooses down against Hughes in the 2nd period.  Hughes rides him the whole 2nd period then chose top in the 3rd.  Hughes got 2 back points and riding time to take the match to sudden victory.  As proven in the first period where Smith took the 4-1 lead, he gets the takedown in SV to get the 6-4 win.  

Hughes could be dangerous if he could make big improvements from his feet by next year.  He can't win at a high level being strong only on top.

Did you see Y2 sitting matside smiling as big as the sky when OK St choose down in the second?