Big Ten - Flo article - Chad Red

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6394462-an-outsiders-take-on-the-big-ten-championships

An interesting take from a wrestling neophyte. I think he hits on a lot of what's good (skill level, athleticism and competitiveness) about the sport and some of what's bad (singlets, etc...). 

Red really impressed the writer with athletic ability, determination and showmanship. As much as myself and many others on the board love the way Nick Lee takes care of business in a workmanlike fashion and when he wins he acts like he's been there, this doesn't move the fan needle. We need to recognize there is a place for both, and when competing for fan interest, like it or not, guys like Red are the ones keeping fans watching.

55 minutes ago, Westforkwhite said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6394462-an-outsiders-take-on-the-big-ten-championships

An interesting take from a wrestling neophyte. I think he hits on a lot of what's good (skill level, athleticism and competitiveness) about the sport and some of what's bad (singlets, etc...). 

Red really impressed the writer with athletic ability, determination and showmanship. As much as myself and many others on the board love the way Nick Lee takes care of business in a workmanlike fashion and when he wins he acts like he's been there, this doesn't move the fan needle. We need to recognize there is a place for both, and when competing for fan interest, like it or not, guys like Red are the ones keeping fans watching.

Is it possible to have a Chad Red thread without reference to Nick Lee? Or vice versa? Apparently, forever linked.

The author's point is well taken. For someone new to the sport to see the single leg defense, hopping on one foot and avoiding getting taken down through an insane combination of balance and flexibility, it is truly amazing.  I still don't fully understand how he does it.