Hoosiers in College - Post Season Results/Discussions

1 hour ago, maligned said:

Congrats to McCormick, Harvey, and Hildebrandt. Just to clarify, though, Mulkey and Tolley have a 0% chance of getting into NCAAs and Boston is a very long shot that sadly probably isn't getting in either. All 3 of those guys needed to win the tournament today.

Who gets in and who has an at large chance is your world and I defer to you on that.  Is there anyone else that has a chance that hasn't been covered?

Rather than use this thread for the NCAA Championships, I'll create another thread specific to that event.  I'll wait until the night before to do it, so the thread won't be too long before the tourney begins.  My question is do you think it would be worth it to do a separate thread for Day 1, 2 & 3?  I don't see there being enough traffic here to do one for every round, but if the majority (that speak up here) think it's worth it to split into 3 days, I can do that.

Thoughts?

The NCAA finals are a different beast. To have some good discussions going, it might be worth doing a discussion thread on the main board (one will inevitably start there anyway since most people don't check out this page) and then just maintain results on this thread. But whatever you want to do...you're the results guru.

49 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Rather than use this thread for the NCAA Championships, I'll create another thread specific to that event.  I'll wait until the night before to do it, so the thread won't be too long before the tourney begins.  My question is do you think it would be worth it to do a separate thread for Day 1, 2 & 3?  I don't see there being enough traffic here to do one for every round, but if the majority (that speak up here) think it's worth it to split into 3 days, I can do that.

Thoughts?

I'm with maligned. You are doing the heavy lifting, I will adjust to you.

13 minutes ago, maligned said:

The NCAA finals are a different beast. To have some good discussions going, it might be worth doing a discussion thread on the main board (one will inevitably start there anyway since most people don't check out this page) and then just maintain results on this thread. But whatever you want to do...you're the results guru.

I may just do a thread on the Main Board pointing to the one here.  Not sure why, but when there are separate boards, I think things should be kept that way.  Nothing drives me nuts more than going to the HS board and it being cluttered with non-related material.  What I don't get is certain posts get moved from the main board immediately, others don't.  But those calls are above my pay grade.  

10 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

I'm with maligned. You are doing the heavy lifting, I will adjust to you.

Not sure I'd call it heavy lifting (ha ha), but I have had more free time this year to tackle it and plan to be around, most if not all of the action this weekend.  It's funny, I used to be all about this weekend and watching every game possible of March Madness and just catching occasional action or the Wrestling Finals.  But I've gradually flipped that and now I put hoops on a 2nd TV with the sound off and use my laptop and main TV to catch the wrestling.  Maybe part of that is that IU has pretty much sucked in basketball recently.  :(

13 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Not sure I'd call it heavy lifting (ha ha), but I have had more free time this year to tackle it and plan to be around, most if not all of the action this weekend.  It's funny, I used to be all about this weekend and watching every game possible of March Madness and just catching occasional action or the Wrestling Finals.  But I've gradually flipped that and now I put hoops on a 2nd TV with the sound off and use my laptop and main TV to catch the wrestling.  Maybe part of that is that IU has pretty much sucked in basketball recently.  :(

At least you can take solace in the fact that it was IU basketball (and UofI) that prevented Michigan State from getting a 1 seed.