Jump to content
H.B.

Before IndianaMat...

Recommended Posts

Curious to know before IndianaMat, was everything run by the coaches’ association? I only begun following wrestling closely in 2008-09 when Chalfant was the big name in the state. Thankfully, this website and the IHSAA’s DVDs have allowed me to catch up in the best way possible on the many years I missed. Good rankings, articles, and information this website has especially when you have to pay for info from states like CO, MN, and MO. Kudos to you guys.

Edited by H.B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Peckinpaugh of New Castle ran a quality discussion board with some info including rankings on the coaches' association site starting in the mid-90s. That continued until IndianaMat launched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maligned said:

Coach Peckinpaugh of New Castle ran a quality discussion board with some info including rankings on the coaches' association site starting in the mid-90s. That continued until IndianaMat launched.

What was it called? I remember reading it in 2001/02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Looks like it is still active!!

www.ihswca.org 

More of a new reincarnation of the previous coaches site.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TripleB said:

Oooooooohhhh mannnn I miss the old board, IndianaMat is awesome, but the old board was the wild west at some points. 

Speaking from experience of someone who got an IndianaMat vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We started the IHSWCA website at a time when no other Coaches Association had a website.  I remember telling JD we need a website and offering to do one.  It was rudimentary at best as we began because yours truly knew little about websites (some about computers).  I bought a couple of books, and watched some tutorials, and slowly built the site.  We eventually added the Discussion Board which I think was the first Discussion Board for any High School sport in Indiana.  We had good traffic and lots of discussion,  I am pretty proud that we did it and i think it served a good purpose in terms of communication across the state.  The individual took a step up then from the old days of compiling them and then printing and mailing them.  towards the end the website was getting a bit overwhelming.  Joe came along with IndianaMat which was/is a great product.  I appreciate that he started it, and still does it.    

Edited by Coach Peck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coach Peck said:

The individual took a step up then from the old days of compiling them and then printing and mailing them. 

The mailed out rankings.  Those are some good old memories of my coach pulling them out of the envelope so we could see if anyone was getting enough attention to garner a little credit.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Speaking from experience of someone who got an IndianaMat vacation.

Don’t make me drag JBiceps out of retirement.... IM couldn’t handle the greatest Keyboard Tag Team of All time - TripleB and JBiceps!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear them out there...  The MILLIONS & MILLIONS of Notorious and @UncleJimmy Indianamat fans .

They “are not” saying TripleB & JBiceps names anymore. WHO ? 

Your lucky The Greatest Keyboardist Entertainment Show Stoppers wasn’t around in those EZboard days . Tell them @UncleJimmy 

 

The Notorious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

A board without a @TeamGarcia is not a board I wish to post on...amirite??

That’s why we’re Thee ....Most Electric Tag Team EVER ! 

Picture a Internet High 5 right here. 

YEAH !

 

The Notorious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Hear them out there...  The MILLIONS & MILLIONS of Notorious and @UncleJimmy Indianamat fans .

They “are not” saying TripleB & JBiceps names anymore. WHO ? 

Your lucky The Greatest Keyboardist Entertainment Show Stoppers wasn’t around in those EZboard days . Tell them @UncleJimmy 

 

The Notorious 

Never heard of you guys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jimtown 138 said:

Never heard of you guys...

Mus of cause you replying . Even Pistol can see that wit one good eye . 

They’ll Make Ya Famous .... Wooooo

Wooooo...... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

 

34x National Wrestling Champs

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Pistol Pete 🤠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 3xStateChamp said:

Mus of cause you replying . Even Pistol can see that wit one good eye . 

They’ll Make Ya Famous .... Wooooo

Wooooo...... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

 

34x National Wrestling Champs

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Pistol Pete 🤠

What does that even mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this Pistol @3xStateChamp

"Mus of cause you replying. Even Pistol can see that wit one good eye." PP

Interpretation...Pistol is implying that you must have heard of "us guys" because you're replying. The one eye thing references his avi I believe which is a cowboy lookin' dude with an eye patch.

 Sorry, can't interpret Pistol's thoughts on why that is, just his words!!! Nor would I want to be able to interpret that mind.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UncleJimmy said:

I got this Pistol @3xStateChamp

"Mus of cause you replying. Even Pistol can see that wit one good eye." PP

Interpretation...Pistol is implying that you must have heard of "us guys" because you're replying. The one eye thing references his avi I believe which is a cowboy lookin' dude with an eye patch.

 Sorry, can't interpret Pistol's thoughts on why that is, just his words!!! Nor would I want to be able to interpret that mind.

 

 

Jimmy you didn't explain anything, you just repeated what he said... Bang bang bang...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jimtown 138 said:

Jimmy you didn't explain anything, you just repeated what he said... Bang bang bang...

Don’t be using @3xStateChamp Bangs. He’ll come on here getting all excited shooting up this place like he did on ESPN Saturday Football Show . Birds will be falling out the sky. Co host will be ducking. Then the Psycho will try to take my Tag Team partner in @UncleJimmy.  Can’t be doing that now . He says those 3x Bangs for a reason. Obviously you heard of him ? Because #heisiandiamhim amirite ??  

What if Pistol was on EZboards back then .... lol . Now that would be the Wild Wild West . 

 

The Notorious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TripleB said:

Don’t make me drag JBiceps out of retirement.... IM couldn’t handle the greatest Keyboard Tag Team of All time - TripleB and JBiceps!!! 

I heard that JBiceps was just a myth, figment of someone’s overzealous imagination, a story parents told their kids at night to keep them in bed, a whisper that only can be faintly noticed during a cool night breeze...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.