Asa Garcia

Mitchell1993

I want to honor Asa for a terrific career and wish him the best at IU. I was talking to family members and we were trying to figure out who all Asa lost to in high school. I believe he had 6 losses as Frosh, if I remember right his only loss was Viduya as a Sophomore (maybe I’m wrong), and he had 4 as a Junior (I know Rooks at least 1), and obviously 1 out of state this year. Can someone help me out with some of his losses in previous years?

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

162-12 

Freshman - (4) Ty Mills, (2) Keyon Murphy 

Sophomore- (1) Viduya 

Junior- (2) Ty Mills, (1) Cayden Rooks (1) Ohio Jordan Decatur 

Senior- (1) Ohio Mick Burnett 

Thank You 

Asa reminds me a lot of Cash Quiroga- never afraid of a challenge seeking out the best competition. 2 state champions on that list of losses and possibly the best to never win a state title in Indiana in Ty Mills. Fantastic career.

5 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Loss Credentials

(3) National Ranked- (Mills, Decatur, Burnett) 

(5) State Championships- Decatur 2x, Rooks 2x, Viduya, Burnett ? Still wrestling 

(6) State Runner Ups - (Mills 2x, Viduya, Rooks, Murphy, Burnett) 

The only thing to dislike about Asa is his choosing IU over ASU. Not that I am biased or anything...

More State Titles than the other State Series stuff. 

3x State Champion 

2x Evansville Semi State 

2x Mooresville Regional 

2x Avon Sectional 

18 minutes ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

Does asa have mor state titles than sectional titles? Not poking fun just wondering. If so that shows how wicked that sectional and regional are. 

Just resume builders during faceoffs in HS . 

6 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

More State Titles than the other State Series stuff. 

3x State Champion 

2x Evansville Semi State 

2x Mooresville Regional 

2x Avon Sectional 

Just resume builders during faceoffs in HS . 

Asa got it done when it mattered the most... the battles between Ty and Asa were both awesome and gut wrenching as a parent.  Those two were battle tested when it came time for the State Series and it shows with their results.  Neither had any fear when we saw each other in the Dual, County, Conference, Sectional, Regional, Semi-State and State!  @TeamGarcia and I would just smile at each other win or lose because there is no better way to get better than to see that type of competition week in and week out.  Do I wish a couple of those red rings were blue, absolutely... but I am extremely proud of those two boys since seeing them battle it out when they were 7 or 8 in the CWA room, partners in MS and rivals in HS!  

Congrats to Asa and his family on an awesome HS Career!!!  Now, we're gonna prepare to flip the script when it comes time for the NCAA's!!! 😃

2 hours ago, teammills said:

Asa got it done when it mattered the most... the battles between Ty and Asa were both awesome and gut wrenching as a parent.  Those two were battle tested when it came time for the State Series and it shows with their results.  Neither had any fear when we saw each other in the Dual, County, Conference, Sectional, Regional, Semi-State and State!  @TeamGarcia and I would just smile at each other win or lose because there is no better way to get better than to see that type of competition week in and week out.  Do I wish a couple of those red rings were blue, absolutely... but I am extremely proud of those two boys since seeing them battle it out when they were 7 or 8 in the CWA room, partners in MS and rivals in HS!  

Congrats to Asa and his family on an awesome HS Career!!!  Now, we're gonna prepare to flip the script when it comes time for the NCAA's!!! 😃

Miss those days bro, wish we could rewind time do it all over again going all the way back to MS days when it was not so hectic . Actually watched a few of the battles on huddle a couple days ago . 2015-16 was some of the best back and forth wrestling . Asa would win one, next weekend Ty win. They wrestled each other 6x that year, I believe that Ty won (4), Asa (2) . 

Round 1,2,3,4,5,6 

Not going to lie that year I was worried, Ty coming off his Runner Up 106, I text you later that year in 2015 right before season. We’re going 106, I was thinking to myself maybe he’d say 113.... text ..... you said so are we. You said there can only be 1 State Champ coming out of Hendricks County at 106. I said damn it ! Laughed, then so be it . Lol. 

After they lose to each other they drop in the Rankings . I kept telling @ontherise219 i’d keep them where they started the year. Did he listen nope. Dropped them both cause they was beating the hell out of each other. I think he learned a lesson that year . Lol 

Good times & great memories. 

College match... ? Guess there can only be 1 NCAA Champ from Hendricks County to huh ?

Edited by TeamGarcia

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Not going to lie that year I was worried, Ty coming off his Runner Up 106, I text you later that year in 2015 right before season. We’re going 106, I was thinking to myself maybe he’d say 113.... text ..... you said so are we. You said there can only be 1 State Champ coming out of Hendricks County at 106. I said damn it ! Laughed, then so be it . Lol. 

Now you know I how felt when Miranda weighed in at 106 Ty's freshman year at our Dual... I was like, well... let's get it on!  No where to run, no where to hide! It set the tone for the next 3 years, wrestle the best and see where you shake out! 

I'd bet we get 3 NCAA Champs from Hendricks County:

125 - Hudkins, 133 - Garcia, 141 - Mills (just don't tell the Red and Lee kids about our plans!)

38 minutes ago, teammills said:

Now you know I how felt when Miranda weighed in at 106 Ty's freshman year at our Dual... I was like, well... let's get it on!  No where to run, no where to hide! It set the tone for the next 3 years, wrestle the best and see where you shake out! 

I'd bet we get 3 NCAA Champs from Hendricks County:

125 - Hudkins, 133 - Garcia, 141 - Mills (just don't tell the Red and Lee kids about our plans!)

Lol

3 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Miss those days bro, wish we could rewind time do it all over again going all the way back to MS days when it was not so hectic . Actually watched a few of the battles on huddle a couple days ago . 2015-16 was some of the best back and forth wrestling . Asa would win one, next weekend Ty win. They wrestled each other 6x that year, I believe that Ty won (4), Asa (2) . 

Round 1,2,3,4,5,6 

After they lose to each other they drop in the Rankings . I kept telling @ontherise219 i’d keep them where they started the year. Did he listen nope. Dropped them both cause they was beating the hell out of each other. I think he learned a lesson that year . Lol 

Good times & great memories. 

College match... ? Guess there can only be 1 NCAA Champ from Hendricks County to huh ?

Thanks for the tag in the memory. I also remember those conversations.

23 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

@TeamGarcia just saw a pic of Asa with Moran. Curious to know if Asa has ever trained with Moran before?

Not for weeks together but maybe days for National Teams together. It’ll be fun to see them all together. If you go back to Elementary & MS days Moran, Rooks, South, was on some same teams together. I’m sure they rolled around in practice together. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.